Route Proposal: Ferromex ( Hermosillo - Nogales/ Empalme)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blacknred81, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So been looking thru Google Maps to suggest a Mexico route, and I think one centered around Hermosillo would be a good start.
    [​IMG]

The city itself has a railyard, and a numerous amount of rail served industries around the South East part of the city. Industry's include Ford's Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly plant and an Intermodal yard among other industries.
    [​IMG]

From here I think the route can go 2 ways.

1. Head north to Nogales
    -This route would be roughly 160-170 miles of mainline track from the Hermosillo Yard to the Nogales Yard to the north. This route follows Federal Highway 15 most of the way to Nogales, where Ferromex interchanges with the Union Pacific at the Border. The route passes thru a few small towns, as well as a small yard in Benjamin Hill, where the line to Mexicali Branches off.

Yard and former facilitys (Benjamin Hill)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Head south to Empalme & Guaymas
    -This is shorter than the norther option with the line between Hermosillo and Empalme being under 90 miles. This route would also include the port facilities in Guaymas as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Possible Locomotives:
    Most of Ferromex's fleet contains mainly locomotives seen around the rest of North America,

SD70ACe
    [​IMG]

ES44AC
    [​IMG]

AC4400CW
    [​IMG]

C30-7
    [​IMG]

SD40-2
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I would love to see a Ferromex route! The C30-7 would be a must for me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yes! We need to expand to new countries! I'd love anything in Latin and South America at this point. Argentina would be awesome too!

• Like Like x 2