Route Proposal: Mbta Commuter Rail North Station Lines & Amtrak Downeaster Route

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by ZootopianDowneaster, Sep 1, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

84.0%
  2. Mostly Yes

4.0%
  3. I don't know

4.0%
  4. Mostly No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No

8.0%
  1. ZootopianDowneaster

ZootopianDowneaster New Member

As I Live in the New England Area, I think there should be a route that includes all four MBTA Commuter Rail lines out of North Station, as well as the Full Route of the Amtrak Downeaster train between Boston, Massachusetts to Portland, Maine, as well as the extension to Brunswick, Maine via Freeport. If possible, I believe there should also be the extended portion of MBTA's Fitchburg line to Pan Am Railway's East Deerfield Yard. The Lines included will be The Lowell Line, The Haverhill Line, the Fitchburg Line, and The Newburyport/Rockport Line. Equipment included in the route should be MBTA MPI HSP46, as well as Hyundai Rotem BTC and CTC MultiLevel Cars. Addons could be Pan Am Railways locomotives, as well as the Amtrak Downeaster NPCU's. Here are some Images of the route, which I found on different Wikipedia pages.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please share your thoughts, feelings, and opinions on this route and/or the proposal in the comments section down below.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I would personally love some more Northeast-based Commuter DLC. So yes.

3. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Looks interesting but IDK.

4. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

For Train Sim World I would love to have MBTA Commuter rail. I would love to see the Amtrak Downeaster if a to choose one section of the route it would be from Portland to Rockland the pilot program keeps getting postponed to later dates but I hope they still do it. I would love to see this because I live between Portland and Rockland right by the station in Newcastle.

5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

what about the Haverhill or Lowell line?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dojin19503

dojin19503 New Member

would be worth an idea

7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

It’s only 33 miles from Haverhill to Boston Massachusetts by train.

8. Joey1997

Joey1997 Member

It would be excellent if DTG or someone make these MBTA MPI HSP-46 with Kawasaki/Hyundai Rotem Bi-levels as a DLC for Train Simulator 2021. I really want them badly and these are my favorite bi-levels.
    60F7E0E5-F580-4BE4-8513-661B7FEBBD33.jpeg D6C438DC-227C-4F9D-A223-8D82BFE07FB2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Joey1997 I agree. However, in order for those to actually be made, there of course needs to be an official route made to run them on. Sure there's a route out there, but it's nowhere near finished and seems mostly abandoned/neglected.

10. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

As much Train Sim coverage as the Northeast might have, it's certainly well deserving of it due to how unique the operations are up there. This suggestion has my support.

11. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Nice route suggestion ZootopianDowneaster, what locos would you include with the route and what time era would you place it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020