Route Proposal: Pennsylvanian: New York To Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by ItayLevy2001, Jan 4, 2021.

1. ItayLevy2001

ItayLevy2001 Member

My suggestion for a future TS 20xx route is across Amtrak's Pennsylvanian, between New York's Penn Station and Pittsburgh's Union Station.

Locomotives featured in the proposed route:
    GE P42DC
    EMD F40PH

Carriages featured in the proposed route:
    Amtrak's Amfleet Cars

Amtrak_Pennsylvanian.svg.png

Amtrak_'Pennsylvanian'_at_Bryn_Mawr,_PA.jpg

Please review this as a possible future DLC and consider bringing the route into Train Simulator 2021 so that we can experience what it takes to shuttle Amtrak's GE P42DC hauled Amtrak's Amfleet consist between New York and Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I think it's most likely something that should come from the community, as commuter equipment cannot be sold under copyright through DTG.

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I dont see this happening as the proposed route is way too long. Not to mention 2 routes that are already released are on this route (NEC: New York - Philadelphia, and Horseshoe Curve)

• Like Like x 3
  4. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Blacknred81 laid the foundations well - you can combine some existing DLC to play two prominent sections of this route.
    Maybe a third, ideally twisting double track section could be developed using the new SC-44 - so that it's different.

I don't know how well you know existing DLC, although based on your curiosity you probably researched already.
    • The P42DC is available as a standalone pack, as well as for Miami - West Palm Beach.
    • Amfleet cars are available with either of the Northeast Corridor routes.
    • The F40PH is available with Soldier Summit, or as a standalone pack for Donner Pass.
    Some screenshots because I am a maniac:
    20180802220523_1.jpg 20180802220002_1.jpg 20180802213754_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for a us route

• Like Like x 1
  6. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

You sure don't ask for much. If this was to happen, just like NEC Railfan said, it'd be a community effort, just like the Alan Thomson Sim East Coast Main Line merge, but certainly on a far greater scale then the ECML Merge. Plus, I'd be willing to bet that a route merge of that size would take a beast of a machine to handle it. Not being a pessimist with it and all, but a realist. I'd LOVE for a route like this to come to TS, but with the grand scale of it, I don't see that happening anytime soon.