Route Suggestion: Go Transit Network

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by mdrinkle, Feb 3, 2018.

1. mdrinkle

mdrinkle New Member

I would love to see a GO Transit/VIA Rail route centered around Toronto Union Station and includes all the current routes that GO Transit have to offer with the new GO Transit trainset that includes their MP36PH-3C engines and the F40PH engines and consit to run the infamous VIA Rail "Canadian" trains #1 and #2.

• Like Like x 4
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I personally would love to see some Canadian commuter rail in TS. So far the only canadian routes we have are only freight.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mdrinkle

mdrinkle New Member

Even some Canadian passenger rolling stock. We could create a VIA Rail run from Field to Revelstoke and revers if we had Canadian passenger stock, namely VIA Rail.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The best route for VIA to run on would the CN Yellowhead Pass route. As VIA does not run on CP tracks it only runs on CN tracks.

5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

This is a good idea, since we actually have all the appropriate stock in-game already, the existing Caltrain MP36PH can easily be converted to a GO-spec MP40, same for the existing Bombardier Bi-Levels. The F40PHs would be good for a DLC, maybe F59s would work instead as an alternative.

The Kitchener Line would actually be perfect, it is 101km long, so within the 60-70 mile DTG limit. VIA rail trains also share this trackage, and maybe some CN freight. (I'm not the most familiar with the area so feel free to correct me on that).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for a route in Canada to be in train simulator 2021

• Like Like x 1