Route Suggestion - Newcastle To York

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RailjetCD, Aug 12, 2022.

1. RailjetCD

RailjetCD New Member

Hi, this is my suggestion for the route from Newcastle to York on the East Coast Mainline,
    a highly requested route for Train Sim World.

The route between Newcastle and York is 73 miles (117 km) long. The route consists of 7 stops: Newcastle - Chester-le-Street - Durham - Darlington - Northallerton - Thirsk - York.
    (Local train stops)

The route would have two operators, LNER and Transpennine Express. LNER would run the class 800 Azuma and Class 91 Intercity trains. The class 43 HST could potentially be added as a DLC. I'm not sure about where they stop but I believe that some trains go straight from Newcastle to York while others also stop at Northallerton, Darlington and Durham (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Transpennine Express would have the class 185 stopping at all stations.

Class 66 locomotives could also be added to haul freight trains, but I'm not sure if there are any yards at York or Newcastle.

The route runs along the East Coast Mainline. The ECML is a highly requested route in the Train Sim World community and I along with many others would be thrilled if this route made it into the game.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Dsc_0120.jpg
    91132_LNER_IC225__Employer_Pledge__vinyls_KX_030519.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Good suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion but I can't help but wonder if it would be better set in the days of deltics and valentas though the 91 is very enticing. I mean the north does need some more modern routes and this would most definitely do the job. I mean the ECML is a must for TSW now we are getting longer routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RailjetCD

RailjetCD New Member

I'd love to see the Deltics in TSW though I usually prefer more modern day stuff. It could be possible for them to make a DLC for that just like they did with Diesel Legends of Great Western

• Like Like x 1
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yeah I must admit that I live alongside the ECML and the azuma livery does make them look smart. I think the diesel legend idea is one which would work well here and give the best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 1