Route Suggestion: Robin Hood Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 6233Jess, Feb 2, 2021.

1. 6233Jess

6233Jess Well-Known Member

Personally I would like to see the Robin Hood Line developed for Train Sim World. The route runs from Nottingham, up through Hucknall, Ashfield and Mansfield then onto Worksop. The route length approximately fits the lengths we have been seeing released by Dovetail.
    In terms of timing, the run is around an hour (maybe just over) from end to end, with the added option of services terminating and starting at the bay platform at Mansfield Woodhouse, which is approximately a 40 minute run.

The route has been served by Central Trains, East Midlands Trains and now East Midlands Railway. I feel a build depicting either of these periods would be interesting.

The rolling stock on the route varies. More commonly Class 153, 156 and 158 sprinter units, with East Midlands Railway re-introducing class 170 units, as back when it was Central Trains operated. While not a freight ‘heavy’ route, there is the potential for freight movements and other non passenger workings utilising the BR Class 37, the BR Class 47 and the class 66 locomotives, however there is the possibility for any locomotive to operate.

• Like Like x 4
  2. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

I made a detailed post on the robin hood line
    Definitely a route we need

• Like Like x 2
  3. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Bring it on the Robin Hood line is awesome

• Like Like x 1
  4. 6233Jess

6233Jess Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I feel the East Midlands is lacking for Train simulation. Let’s hope Dovetail make the decision and get licensing permission.