Route Suggestion: Wcml ( London Euston To Birmingham New Street ) - Possible Extension

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by klachm4321, Sep 9, 2022.

1. klachm4321

klachm4321 New Member

* Route Terminus/s: London Euston, Milton Keynes Central & Birmingham New Street
    ----------------- ---------------------------------- -----------------------------
    * Route Operators: Avanti West Coast, London Northwestern Railway, Southern, GBRf Freight, Freightliner Freight
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    ( I'm not a Local so apologies if I get any Information wrong ) - The West Coast Mainline runs from London Euston to as far as Glasgow Central and Edinburgh with spurs off of many way. However, London Euston to Birmingham New Street via Milton Keynes Central would be a good length route in TSW3 with many famous Train Operators and the West Coast Mainline has been extremely requested for a while now. It will also give a chance to see a well known Operator Southern come back with Services to Milton Keynes Central with services from East Croydon and/or Clapham Junction on the Brighton Mainline ( A Route already in TSW ). I know that IRL the services now only go as far as Watford Junction but it would be cool to see it in the late 2019 time period or early 2020 when they still ran to Milton Keynes but Avanti West Coast didn't start running I believe until late 2019 ( correct me if wrong ) on the WCML.

I believe it would be good if you can get the Southern Part of the WCML on the Route as well from Milton Keynes to Wembley Central or even as far as Clapham Junction whereas players ( If they have the BML ) could go on that route and continue the route from Clapham Junction to East Croydon ( I would say make it go all the way to East Croydon but I am unaware of how much of the Limitations you'd be able to do involving that )

The Trains you could add are: Class 319, Class 350 [ London Northwestern ] | Class 377/4 [ Southern ] [ London Commuter Updated ] | Class 390 Pendolino, Avanti West Coast Super Voyager [ Avanti West Coast ] | Class 66 [ In both GBRf Blue & Freightliner Green Livery's ]

I believe that this is a good UK route choice and it's a popular suggestion in TSW. As I don't live in the UK i'd like to see this as it's a different UK Freight and Passenger Route.

It's also good as it has Birmingham International as another Airport Station ✈

• Like Like x 7
  2. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

An WCML route would be great to have in tsw but I have to ask how long will the route be?

3. klachm4321

klachm4321 New Member

I'm honestly not sure myself as I am not a Local of the Route. I have said London Euston to Birmingham New Street via Milton Keynes Central. I have also named a Southern Extension to Clapham Junction to Join the BML, I haven't actually wrote this but they could also do an Extension to Northampton as that's like a Branch Line that leaves the WCML at Milton Keynes and then joins back at Rugby... it also Introduces a Wide variety of Service Options.

Now that's already very long and extending that to Manchester Piccadilly idk if DTG would actually do it, you never know however

• Helpful Helpful x 1