Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aaronmdomingue, Jan 31, 2020.

1. aaronmdomingue

aaronmdomingue New Member

Hey there. I just wanted to throw this in the universe and see if it lands somewhere. I live in New Orleans, and would love to see the New Orleans to Chicago route somehow. Lofty thinking? If so, then really just New Orleans to wherever... but the New Orleans-Chicago line is apparently pretty legendary. But at the end of the day, I just think it would be cool to sprinkle in some accurate classic New Orleans scenery that the passenger tracks run by, and wouldn't be mad if they peppered in some geographically inaccurate French Quarter and Lake Pontchartrain visuals. haha
    I hope this isn't annoying based on this suggestion already being posted and discussed. Im new here, just signed up and I know I should've breezed through the old posts. Anyways, really cool to see this type of forum online. I was in Oakland last year and took my first ever train. Wasn't even long, just to SF, and a few other places in the bay area. I obviously loved it, and my 37 year old self was smiling and pointing like a snot nose child with a new toy. Ever since, I have been watching long videos of real train routes, Go pros in front of subways, frequent travelers and their 45 minute vlogs about cross country Amtrak trips (which look as incredible as I hope it would be and will be taking a trip as soon as I have an excuse to). I thought I was slowly losing my mind, or at best had reached some new pinnacle of immaturity and secret nerdom. Seeing these posts, I feel like "yeah! I love trains, and you can kiss my ass" haha.
    Take care,
    Aaron

• Like Like x 2
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

It seems like you're a big railfan ;) But back to the subject of your route suggestion, could you share some pictures or a map of the route you'd like to be added?

• Like Like x 2