Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by ian.lighting, Jun 22, 2020.

1. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weymouth_Quay_railway_station
    Hi DTG

I notice that there is nothing available that takes into account the heyday of BR with Sealink, for those old enough to remember this period of history.

My suggestion would be to recreate the London Waterloo to Weymouth Quay Station connection, as a number of the assets are already available but, it would allow to create a complex timetable with meeting the deadline for the ferries.

Kind regards
    Ian

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

3. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

Thanks for pointing out this and, it also has "The Bluebell Railway" :). Lucky enough someone has also created the Wimbledon to West Croydon line as I use to live in Beddington. They've been to artistic with the Graffiti as it was never that good hehehe ;)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  5. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

Yep, I am as I grow up in sunny South London (Southfields, Tooting Bec and Beddington before moving to Highgate in my Adult era) and now living in Sydney since 2007. I will check those suggestions out as I've got back into this recently after taking over a 10 year break as the last time I was doing this hobby it was with my copy of MSTS with all the additional items as pictured and, just recently been trying out which to stick with i.e. Train Sim World. I will not talk about TSW 2! which I better not mention ;) (like this but no steam locos, obviously have to keep eye on V2 and how that develops) , Trainz 2019 (this reminds me more of modelling which is great but, dependencies are an issue and it's really annoying when you reach near the end of a download and then our told in red "missing") & World Subway Vol 3 London Underground (This certainly brought back so fond memories and, its a pity they didn't expand on this at the time or fix the known bugs), which means I will have to check out the District line available at https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/virtual-district-line.html
    I've recently acquired the AP Sky & Weather & the Enhancement pack, RW Enhancer (which I could of probably could of done this in reshader but, considering there is nice front end to RW enhancer without the issue like reshader keep popping up at the beginning of each session makes more sense).

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  6. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

It is a pity no one looks at doing this disused old goods line in Sydney before it was converted for use with Light Rail https://www.visitsydneyaustralia.com.au/lost-rail-rozelle.html Just like the UK, Sydney also has some unique Train History with steam which has disappeared over time which is sad and, I think this sums up with what "Sir John Betjeman" back in 1963 was pointing out with the following.
    part 1

part 2

and part 3

I think these 3 films point out the problems with current modern thinking with how a public transport network should be run with KPI's or as a profit making scheme for a private enterprise (this is my opinion as there is no way to forecast on year to year basis of what your overheads will be with maintenance etc).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

I think what I would like to see and know this is really difficult with the two game engines is somehow taking the enhancements from "Train sim world" and bringing these over to Train simulator for any future releases.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

9. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

Hi, yes I have and it's in the ever growing library phew my bank account lol

10. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

Tricky route but the one that is really bugging myself at the moment is the Settle to Carlisle part 1 using a class 158 DMU and reaching a perfect score as silver is easy lol. I know this route as well as I have family up there. The other route been bringing back a lot memories is the London to Brighton with the 4BIg to Selhurst. They forget to add the seagulls sound to Brighton which would have been great to add that extra piece of authentic atmosphere but I'm still happy regardless.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  11. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

BTW Thankyou to "CAT" , you didn't have to do but, it is appreciated. :)

12. ian.lighting

ian.lighting New Member

I'm interested into seeing how TSW2 develops as when I came back to this Train sims after a long break I started with TSW and, I will be honest really love the graphics but it is misses the immersion of Train simulator. Personally I'd rather see the benefits of porting to TS like with XPlane 11 (11.50) and the vulkan integration which I feel would work better than running the two train sims against each other that's if it could be done (This is my opinion).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020