Route & Train Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hurtfuleagle9, Sep 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hurtfuleagle9

hurtfuleagle9 New Member

As we know how ts2021 had route editor though it was confusing. My idea is a route and train creator on TSW2. (sorry if I misspell any words I'm on my phone rn)

So my idea for the train editor is like the livery editor except you create the trains.
    Presets: Presets will be the train of your choice as long as you own it in dlc or base game.
    Propulsion sound: also these will have Presets but a little more complicated
    Example
    Phase 1
    Bombardier Mitrac: [Lirr M7] [Talent 2]
    [Pitch Noise ]

[Pitch] ●-----------|
    [Repeat until (insert mph or kmh here)
    Phase 2
    Phase 3 etc

Building:
    I have a great idea for the Building part of the train, a builder like the game Trailmakers. Except the physics don't matter and you don't have to add engines and you can make custom lights + curves.

Route Building
    Now the TS2021 builder is very confusing. I have a much simpler idea for TSW2.

GUI layout:
    Have 7 buttons: Custom Builds, Roads, Tracks, Stations, Bridges & Tunnels, Props and Presets (and the menu button ofc)

Custom builds: This is where you make personalized things for you line, take Septa Broad street line for example the Spring garden Station is a station you wouldn't find In the game.

Editor: What I have in mind for the editor is a Cities: Skylines style editor because it's really easy to design and build with minimal effort unless you want to make everything point on point.

Underground:
    To build Underground there would be Underground view to make it easy to see by erasing any terrain in the way and auto tunnel mode.

Well that's the ideas I had for the Creator mode!

2. train fan

train fan New Member

Good idea

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Would be nice , but a long way off for now I reckon . Looks like the closest we have to a route creator for now is train go

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

With a really simplistic route creator the results you would get would be really simplistic looking routes and would not look anything like TSW routes. That would make it a different game. TSW routes are highly complex 3D worlds created by skilled people, you can’t distil that down to 7 buttons and preset menus and simple placement tools. There’s a reason the TS2021 route builder is complicated and confusing, it needs to be to create the routes that work like TS2021 routes and not like the blocky cities like in builder type games. TSW has even more realistic looking routes and therefore the route building is further away from Cities: Skylines than TS2021. It can’t be made to be simple. TSW is not a builder game. You cannot create for it with ‘minimal effort’ nor will you ever be able to.