Route/ Trains Interchangeability.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nei4024, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Good Morning.

I was wondering if when choosing a stage, for example on the koln route, other trains from other German routes that I have bought would appear. Or on the contrary I have to design the scenario.

I ask it because I have seen it in videos that other trains are put on automatically but for my part no.

Thanks.

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Go down to timetable in the menu of the route you are looking at. If any other locos are available to use on that route, you can select them in the timetable. I know that some of the other German route locos are available to use in other routes in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On Koln-Aachen, since I also have MSB, RRO and RSN (but not RT, HRR or HMA) I can run the 146.2 and its cab car (RB/RE Dostos, new schedule in addition to the 442's), 185.2 (freight), 422 (S-bahn), MRCE 185.5 (freight) and the 143 (sub for both 146 and 185). I believe HMA adds the 425.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

Rudolf created a German Locos and Routes spreadsheet showing all the available locomotives that can be used in timetable mode.

There are many other useful resources available from his site, including a TSW2 Starter's Guide.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

Thank you for your answers.

I have 4 German routes, RSN, HRR, SKA and MAG. In addition I also have the db br 155.

but I can't run any of these routes on other German routes

What should I do?

6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

None of these routes add additional services to other routes (Apart from HRR adds some regional services to MAG).

On Koln, Main Spessart Bahn adds Dosto regional services, Rhein Ruhr Osten adds S-Bahn services. Both add freight and IMO both are good routes, even if Osten is a bit on the short side.
    The trains from RSN substitute with other trains - they don't add new services.

7. solicitr

Hmmm. That's weird- while you can't run all trains/locos on all routes (e.g. there's no S-Bahn on the Main-Spessart stretch, so the EMUs aren't available there), SKA should import the 143 with Dostos and 185 with freight wagons from RSN. And once you have freight services on a route, the 155 should be available as an alternate loco (although without new routes of its own).

8. solicitr

It looks like MSB is the Magic Key DLC for everything (except S-Bahn). Once you have it, everything gets layered fairly freely because pretty much any electric passenger or freight loco can substitute for the 146 and 185 respectively. This actually makes sense, since it was a default route with TSW2020 and thus DTG could assume - then - that everyone had it.

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Best option is to download the latest update of the TSW2 Starters Guide from my site. It is available since last weekend. You now also can subscribe to a newsletter to keep you informed about updates.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clumsy Pacer

Yup. Even if you have no intention of using MSB (despite the fact I think it's absolutely gorgeous), it's a good buy because Dostos.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

I have MSB and other routes in TSW 2020, how can I move them to TSW2. The problem is that I have TSW2020 on PS4 and TSW2 on PC.
    There would be a way to pass them without paying.

Thank you.

12. Clumsy Pacer

Unfortunately not. Preserved collection is not cross-platform.

13. solicitr

It's not even cross-vendor: I had TSW2020 on PC from the Microsoft Store, but Preserved Collection credit only counts if you had it via Steam.