Rsc Class 117 Dmu Texture Fix

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by torfmeister, Aug 11, 2022.

1. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just cloning this because it evolved from another thread, for everyone who has the (withdrawn) Class 117.

Missing speedometer shaft texture on RSC\Class117Pack01
    Note: DTG's North Somerset Railway OR RSC's Class 117 BR Blue Pack is needed for this fix

11.png

Just checking the GeoPcDx. Bad references... I'll list them. Hey - this is DTM coupler style ;)
    Code:
    <TextureByName>
              <e d:type="cDeltaString">..\..\..\..\..\..\class101nse\railvehicles\diesel\class101\default\dmcl\textures\[00]speedo</e>
    </TextureByName>
    ...and that's already the fix. I've copied the Speedo.TgPcDx from NorthSomerset to Assets\RSC\Class117Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\Default\Engine\textures\ and edited the GeoPcDx to use that one. If you want to do it yourself, it's only one line in the GeoPcDx.xml

33.png

Hello DTG? Seriously... Took me merely 30 minutes to find and fix that.

111.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Instructions:

Copy and rename the "117 DMS Green.GeoPcDx" to "117 DMS Green.GeoPcDx.bin" and drag it over Serz.exe. Edit the line to show what my Notepad screenshot shows, Serz the xml back and remove the .bin extension. Copy the Speedo.TgPcDx from DTG\NorthSomerset or RSC\Class117Pack03 assets to Assets\RSC\Class117Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\Default\Engine\textures\ and the modified Geo to the parent "Engine" folder. Create the bold folders yourself. No need to touch the .ap btw. Delete blueprints.pak if present.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Good man, thanks. Mine are done and I have saved the revised .Geo so it won’t be overwritten.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I'm just keeping a backup tree of the assets folder containing only modified files, in case of a new installation it's just one click for reinstalling all mods.

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Never doubted the Meister for a moment but it's always nice to have your fixes confirmed..

20220812074026_1.jpg
    Beforeth..

20220812075315_1.jpg
    Aftereth..

Btw, please stop telling me about discontinued stuff that's still available legally by other means, I have this weird obsession that if it's soon to be discontinued or as above is already removed then I have to have it, I had no plans or cares about the 117 till these posts popped up now I own them and have fixed them, gonna have to drive them now (yes I even bought the BR blue skin linked in the other thread too)... I need help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Thx Reef. Seems I can't help you on this, for I suffer from the same symptoms. The more stuff I've got the more it's a "complete-your-collection" thing. I think what triggered this behaviour was the BNSF ban, just happening as I entered the game. Had already been planning to buy Marias Pass back then - whoops it was gone for years. Nice to be able to play any workshop scenario available now.:cool:

As I'm seeing it now I will enjoy TSC for many many years to come - so accumulated over the years of playing TS, I've still spent less money than others building model railways in their basements - for which I haven't got the space.

Still got years old purchased DLC I haven't even touched yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I have the same issue too. I usually scoff at £11.99 for old TS trains but obviously I spent many times that on the Jubilee Class, 117, King, and others on Amazon. DTG could probably squeeze a lot of money out of me if they discontinued more DLC!

(Still bummed about not getting the original North Wales Coastal and extension)

I did the fix and can't believe DTG removed the DLC because of that. Makes the Reseau withdrawal look warranted.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

To be honest I truly believe it was the stress, trauma and prolonged mental anguish* of not getting the NWC Extension and the VT 47 that was the root cause of my gotta catch 'em all** obsession.

Also, sorry for the off on a tangent Torf, but I have a question and wonder if it's something you could look into, I have the North Somerset 117 (as well as the DTG one) and a blue/grey reskin from over at Vulcan Productions, problem is is the gear lever animation has somehow got reversed, the key binds and presses work the same (E gear up & Shift + E gear down) but according to the physical (in-cab) gear lever First is 4, Second is 3 and so on, Neutral is Neutral however.

In regard to the above I'm actually in contact with the mods author, and they've said they're looking into it.

*Warning this post may contain some overly dramatic drama Queen-iness, some involuntary eye-rolling may be induced as a result. - Sorry.
    **Not my fault and no liability assumed if you're now humming or singing that damned theme tune. - Not sorry.

♫ "I Wanna be, the very best" ♫... Oh for f.... sake, ahem.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I have the same issue lol! When the BNSF stuff came back, out of fear of them being removed again, I may or may not have bought almost every single BNSF related DLC that I didn't have on the steam store. It cost me a lot... (Good thing I bought them on sale). And now after seeing some of the removed DLC I also want to get my hands on that like the Class 117 in this thread. I would also like to own the old North Wales Coastal route that has the old branding / liveries. I I want the removed BR Class 02 as well, even though it's such an obscure removed item I really want it since I love British shunters but unfortunately it's so old there is nowhere to get it anymore. I'm unfortunately obsessed with having a large collection of DLC! I am also like this with third party DLC too, when there was rumours going around of Armstrong Powerhouse getting rid of their Class 90, I bought that too as well as when the Class 142 was announced to be going off sale but then they announced it is staying but I bought it anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged m'lord.

• Like Like x 2
  11. hayward.john48

I suggest that we are as much collectors as operators.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Doomotron

I bought the Class 111 on Amazon and got the Class 02, and it also came with the old 8F and Granfield Branch route. I'll see if I can find the Amazon link.

EDIT
    Here.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think we all collect repaints and other stuff we might not use.
    But I don't suffer from the "this is being withdrawn so I must buy it" problem
    If I want it I get it in a Sale or at Full Price if I really want it - which is not very often.

14. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

So does this Class 111 include the Class 02 like you mentioned? I’m a bit confused because it says it only includes the Class 111

15. Doomotron

It says it only has the 111, but unless it's been changed (very unlikely) it also contains the Class 02, 8F and Granfield Branch route. I didn't realise it when I bought it, I just wanted the 111, but when the rest were added to my Steam account I was pleasantly surprised.

16. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I tried to get it but unfortunately for me since it is on Amazon UK, I can't buy it because I live in Australia which is unfortunate.

17. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The 111 is available on Steam > https://store.steampowered.com/app/208366/Train_Simulator_Class_111_DMU_AddOn/ and even in the DTG Store, here's the au link for you > https://store.dovetailgames.com/au/product/262249/class-111-dmu-add-on I cannot confirm whether the 02, 8F and Granfield Branch route are with it though because neither Steam nor DTG Store mentions anything regarding those extras.

I did however find this write up on rail-sim.de ...

Image2.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Shame you cannot get rid of that god awful hump on the cab roof. Preservation railway addition rubbish.
    I only install the IHH 117 because at least externally it is not a bad model. Sounds are terrible though.
    Typical DTG to decide to create a limited appeal version of a class i know very well from my time on BR.

19. hayward.john48

Can confirm that the Amazon link does contain the 02.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Doomotron

You may be able to get it anyway, but I'm not sure if Amazon allows it. Best to check first.

21. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on this little gem, I never even knew a Class 02 was available in TS, I do now. :D
    I already had the Class 111 purchased in Steam but it did not include this pair.
    Well worth a few pennies to add these to my collection.
    Thanks again.
    20220817180152_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  22. Doomotron

Glad you're enjoying it - I didn't know why the Amazon one came with the Class 02 but obviously I was pleased when it did. I'm not sure why the Class 02 DLC was withdrawn in the first place but that can be said about many other DLCs.

I have an idea for a thread - I'm going to assemble a list of ways to buy withdrawn DLC. So far we have the King Class, Class 02, Granfield Branch, 8F, Class 117, Jubilee, Hatchet Hill and BR Blue Class 117.

23. hayward.john48

The 02 is included in a package called BR Class 111 addon. The Class 111 was more commonly in the BR Class 111 Pack, and there’s the difference. Well worth the £5.99 of the Amazon add on just for the 02, the Granfield branch is a bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Been away for a few days, and now taking a creative break from TSC and enjoying the wonderful Euro Truck Simulator 2...

Has your gear lever issue been resolved? The file responsible is "gear_Lever.ban" in the "CabView" folder, try replacing that one.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not by the reskin author Mathew Wilson it hasn't no, it's a DTG issue with the 117 not actually to do with the reskin (which is further backed up by the fact that there is no gear_Lever.ban file outside of the North Somerset .ap) but he's said he'll look into it as my request has piqued his curiosity, the guy has about a 100 and 1 other projects on the go at the moment so I don't know when that's likely to be though.

Now then, I grabbed the gear_Lever.ban that was outside of the .ap in RSC\Class117Pack03\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\Default\CabView and because it was outside the main .ap I can only assume that it's come from the Armstrong Powerhouse 101/117/121 Sound pack (pro) and put that into the reskins CabView folder DTG\NorthSomerset\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\BR_Blue\CabView to see if it'd work.

It didn't.

So then I wondered if the reskin asked for the default location DTG\NorthSomerset\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_117\Default\CabView and tried that to then see if it'd work.

IT DID!

I now have the gear animations going the correct way and as a bonus AP's tweak which I quote.. Image34ergerte5r2.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Torf.

Little by little we'll fix this broken ass sim!

BTW I'll message Mathew and let him know too.

27. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

To quote good old Ade Edmondson aka Eddie H.: "Rightey dokey matey bloke, flap old salty seadog amigo!"
    Indeed, everything can be fixed if it wasn't for some compiled lua scripts... but I've just learned about a method of "script injection"... very interesting!

Glad we've sorted that. :)

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Umm..

Slight confession time..

It appears that my fix only fixed my broken installation, let me explain.

In the past few months I've noticed things amiss with my Armstrong Powerhouse installs, things like missing branding on certain loco's and such.

I figured out that the issue on my system at least was the AP auto updater/installer I'd been trying out had been missing stuff out during the install process, problem is I don't even know for sure which one it was as I'd tried both the one available on OTS and the one that was posted on Facebook.

Anyway it turns out my 101/117/121 sound pack had suffered a similar fate and not installed all files correctly.

I figured this out earlier because I noticed that I had other DMU's like the 101 that had the reversed gear animation, so just to see what come with the AP sound pack I reinstalled it to a dummy location and low and behold the gear_Lever.ban was present in the North Somerset 117 cabview folder.

So a complete reinstall of the pack to its correct location and now all my geared DMU's are working as AP intended them to.

Story of my life, break it, find a convoluted complicated way to fix it then figure out the easy way to do it, and then wonder why the heck I never think of the easy way first..

29. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Hehe.

I always install AP stuff to a dummy location (being sort of a control freak I can't stand Installers, just gimme a zip:D) first to see what gets installed and possibly overwritten, and noticed a lot of stuff is spread over various folders. Even the AP weather pack adds improved signal textures to a lot of routes without mentioning that anywhere. Stuff which is removed on a file verification because it is put in other developers' folders.

Often batch files which copy GeoPcDx to reskin locations are used by AP, while that's comfortable it needs a re-run of the script in case you get hold of the required model after installing an AP addon. (Needed JT's autoballaster to make use of the goodies that came with AP's Class 90 / DVT pack)

So the safest thing to do if things seem weird is to re-run AP installers from time to time if you're not sure about your files.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1