PC Rsn: Hud Showing Wrong Gradient Icon

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Richard Kast, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

While playing the Freight Exchange scenario the HUD was showing the train icon going up hill when in fact there was a negative value and we were going doing hill and showing down hill we were going up hill. The ratio value is showing correctly at all times. It appears the icon is linked to the cab you first start in, so after you change ends and head to Hagen it is wrong, when you change ends again and head back it is correct. 20200914192212_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Just curious: did you shut down the first cab before moving to the second one?

3. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

As far as I know I shut the can down properly. I will give it another go to double check when I get a chance.

4. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This happens on Xbox as well (all versions I assume). I was really surprised by this and it was quite hard to drive like this. The train started accelerating while "uphill" and slowed down on a slope. I was puzzled as to what I should actually do to keep the desired speed. Also, it looks like the accelerometer is working in reverse as well, moving in the other direction than on other routes.

5. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

I never found that the accelerometer was backwards, there already is a thread I started about it, as i thought it would work as a G-force related meter, meaning when you accelerate it should move backwards, or to the bottom, and when you brake it would move forward or up, i was told this is not an accelerometer, its rather a gauge showing the amount of power/brake you have, so it moves the way it does, up for speed, down for brake!
    Regarding the gradient, it has also been discussed already, it is linked to the cab you start in, and it is linked to the cab 1 i think, because on tees valley, no matter which cab you start in, it shows aspect as if you were in the main cab.. There is a lot to work on regarding HUD in general, the gradient, the accelerometer if its not intended to work this way, as well as brake and amp meteres!

• Like Like x 1
  6. dreampage

Whatever its purpose is, I think it definitely moves the other direction than on other routes. When accelerating, it moves down, while on the new TSW 2 routes I definitely recall it moving up. And vice versa for braking. Also, it's not in the middle when the train is coasting or standing still, in fact it's never in the exact middle. I don't know if it's not calibrated properly or what, but it definitely doesn't feel accurate to me.

7. LastTrainToClarksville

I find that the gradient symbol is accurate, but reading it correctly takes practice.

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It does not work properly and depends on the orientation of the locomotive on the map, according to the game engine "thinks". Example below - in this case, that will be displayed inverted.

Not about practice :D

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-09-22 18-49-53.png

9. LastTrainToClarksville

What does the 2D map have to do with this "issue"? It doesn't show gradients,

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But shows where the front of the loco is and that direction means the direction of travel for the game. Doesn't matter, which direction You drive, only which direction a front of a loco i facing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dreampage

The map shows that the game thinks the locomotive is pointing at the wrong direction. That's why the gradiant display works in reverse, because the game connects it to the wrong position of the locomotive.

12. LastTrainToClarksville

Good grief! In the screen shot of the 2D map posted by HW. the engine is coupled by the head to the cars; there's no indication whatsoever as to the direction in which the train is moving.

13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

ahahahaha especialy lol.png for U
    oh man ahahaha :)

you still don't understand. It does not matter - what I wrote - about the direction of travel, but the direction in which the locomotive "looks" (is pointing)

in THAT direction, according to the game, you are moving to view the grade direction in the HUD

HOPE now is EZ for U to understand haha, oh man, ekhm hehehe

UPDATE

in this case, when you go "forward" ie pulling the wagons, you will see inverted
    grade-hud-indication because the locomotive will go in "reverse". I really don't know how to explain it to You... :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LastTrainToClarksville

Obviously!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And only you don't understand it, obviously :)
    PS I find it shocking how much you can defend yourself against knowledge.
    I admire you!*
    SARCASM WARNING! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2020