Rsslo Routes Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, May 17, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So i was looking at RSSLO routes on steam and i want to know your recommendations on which ones are the best in overall terms? The ones in Austria caught my attention with the Taurus and the Vectron

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Salzburg - Rosenheim is a good route to run
    The Tirol route is also very good with two routes in to Innsbruck and the avoiding line
    I like the Karawankebahn as it has Austrian and Slovenian sections - totally different in operation.

I don't like the Mittenwaldbahn by RSSLO or DTG as the route is just single track and a bit boring

I know RSSLO include the Taurus and Vectron locos as AI but I'm not sure which routes include them as player trains

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

RSSLO emailed a survey to me as they want to know what route I like the most. These were their choices:

[​IMG]Passau - Wels
    [​IMG]Offenburg - Donaueschingen
    [​IMG]Wien - St Pölten
    [​IMG]Selzthal - Bruck an der Mur

Any of these could be their next WIP. Although Giselabahn, a combination of routes will be released sometime in the next month.

However be aware that if you want any of their joined up routes, buy routes from them not steam as the addons and scenarios don’t work with anything bought on steam which is a pity, but they do have a sale every two to three months.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

RSSLO have a different art style in their route modelling from DTG and they tend to be a bit more garish in the colours used. I also don't like the look of their track as much as DTG's. That said they also have some good points. You get a lot of route miles, QDs have nicely populated AI and yards, and the routes tend to be frame rate friendly. Routes are almost always interesting, either because of terrain, or cross border operations. Of the ones on Steam I've played I would recommend:

Albergbahn - A fast race up the Inn valley and then a twisting double/single track grind up through the mountains.

Karawankenbahn - Varied scenery and the interest of Slovenian operations. A lot of single track.

Südbahn: Bruck an der Mur - Maribor - Mostly Austrian, but with a significant leg down into Slovenia. Fast hilly route - fast flat plain - slower rolling countryside into Slovenia.

• Like Like x 1
  5. helderbrincolas

Thanks, of them all Karawankenbahn was the one that caught my attention the most

6. helderbrincolas

Thanks for the tips, i will wait for those sales

7. helderbrincolas

From the DTG routes the one thing that bothers me the most are the quality of the rails/tracks, i find them very poor...

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Me too, in some German and Austrian forums replacements with DB tracks were made and they are pretty awesome. Semmeringbahn comes to life with them for example. I think that with RWTools it's possible to replace all routes tracks (with some northeastern US routes I couldn't lay 3rd party tracks, but I am not an expert on this)

9. helderbrincolas

I´m really not that expert on that apsect either, but i find most of routes from third parties with better quality of tracks

10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I am not an expert on that subject either, but there are patches with easy installation instruction available at forums from people who are experts

11. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Remember what I said. Buy from RSSLO not Steam.
    https://www.rsslo.com/

Until 21/5 offer on 45% off now £15 this route.
    ————–DISCOUNT————–
    Wörgl – Saalfelden route
    This is the Austria contry route created from Wörgl to Saalfelden, which has a total length of about 80 km. €29,99 discounted to only €16,99 inc. VAT

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are track upgrades on Railworks Austria for DTG and RSSLO routes
    https://forum.railworks-austria.at/wcf/filebase/index.php?filebase/66-optionale-streckenupdates/

I seem to remember if is just a copy and paste of the files

Peter

• Like Like x 1