PC Ruhr Sieg Nord Can The 185 Haul Coal Wagons?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bamz2317, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Im considering to buy the db br 155 pack, just wondering if the br 185 can haul the coal wagons too or just the 155?

2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

You can haul the coal wagons with the BR155, BR182 and BR185

20190630141731_1.jpg 20190630141911_1.jpg 20190630142159_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Thanks

4. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

PS is the DB 155 worth buying?

5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Absolutely. One of the best locos made for TSW to this day.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

And adds more services to RSN

• Like Like x 2
  7. thearkerportian

...and can be driven on all German routes except for Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Thanks all, i just bought it, and indeed, it's very good. Again the only thing i find as railway sim tourist versus train fan:
    There should be a way to skip all those details needed to start any loc, and the too many needed walkabouts,
    Maybe a bit like a select-able general train module HUD as with TS 2020 ... but that's IMO.

9. thearkerportian

Well it's a train simulator, mastering these machines is part of the idea. You will see though, the 155 is a bit more complex to drive than many others we have, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun and feels like you achieved something.

At least that's how it was for me on the class 101 :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

When I started my journey into train simulators years ago, I was a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of some of the locomotives available. But enjoying the overall atmosphere of the simulation, I spent time reading forums and doing research about the various systems needed to operate a locomotive safely. Really glad there wasn’t a shortcut to take since, as thearkerportian states, once you get the hang of it, the fun is multiplied and you do get a sense of achievement that I find missing in most other non-simulation games.

• Like Like x 4
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Regarding start-up procedures, for me much puzzlement occurs when the instructions provided as part of an activity do not match those printed in the route's manual; but then there's the total absence of start-up instructions on screen, especially since I often find it difficult to determine the engine's state of preparation when I first sit in the driver's seat, especially in regard to electric engines.
    I'm well aware that an engineer/driver on any given line has to be familiar with startup procedures, but in a simulator such as TSW, we're expected to know those steps for numerous engines on various lines in various countries, which is often way too much for this 75-year-old. I've developed this technique: 1) launch the activity and do my best to get the engine moving; if that goes well, good; if not, consult the route's manual and restart the activity; if both of these steps fail, go back to the engine's tutorial, but even tutorials are not always complete or thorough enough. When that happens, have a cup of coffee (or something stronger) and either try the activity with a different engine, switch to another activity or another route.

I think the TSW crew would find using a team of novices useful for testing activities (yes, including tutorials, which are sometimes not complete) before marketing them.

• Like Like x 1