Ruhr-sieg Nord - Freight Exchange Train Doesn't Pickup Speed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Paul242, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Paul242

Paul242 New Member

Hello, I'm kinda new to this game. I have a problem where my loc doesn't go beyond 7 km/h and after that, it decreased to zero, when it stops it won't move again. 20191016014421_1.jpg
    Here where I got stuck in the game.
    Next, I'm trying to push the throttle to pick up speed but it doesn't as you can see. 20191016004538_1.jpg Then it slows down and stops.
    20191016005529_1.jpg
    I've tried over and over again with different throttle scales/values but it always does the same.I've seen a vid on YT from this guy that seems to have a little problem at first but then the train starts moving and he even picks up speed beyond 10+ km/h..
    So what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Make sure your brakes are all fully off (direct and electric - set control to train brake) and then lower throttle to OFF before increasing it again. If you brake when the throttle is on, it will kill the power and you need to drop it right off before you can increase it again - don't apply power and brake at the same time!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

As far as I can see your loco is missing power from the catenary. Make sure your pantograph is raised and the main switch (next to the switch for raising the pantograph) is switched on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul242

Paul242 New Member

You guys are great! Thanks, this info really helped me. My baby is moving again. :D.
    Seems I applied power and braked at the same time. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's because of me being new to this game and I still have to learn a lot. *Cargo delivered*

• Like Like x 2
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In the case of this and several other engines, after releasing all of the brakes, the throttle must be turned off and then re-initiated. Let me also mention that if this engine encounters an emergency stop, the first recovery step is to reset the red emergency button located to the left of the main controls. This is noted in the engine's training exercise, but not in other activities, where including it among the recovery instructions would certainly be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bgctbay

bgctbay New Member

I found on on the Xbox tsw that they fail to mention that you need to raise the pantograph and close the circuit breaker on the other side of the train where you have to go forward. That explains why there was so little power and y it took forever to move.

• Like Like x 1