PlayStation Ruhr Sieg Nord Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have established these issues playing just the ‘Freight Exchange’ scenario.
    1. AFB doesn’t work properly in the BR 185. Turning it on does not get the familiar, AFB, AFB, AFB audible warning. Also, when reducing AFB, the brakes come on and stay on until the train reaches zero.
    2. There appears to be some issue with knowing which way the train is facing. I was at zero acceleration and on an uphill section of track, yet my speed continued to increase (as if I was going downhill).
    3. There are issues with the speed markers. The HUD shows an upcoming speed limit, but the HUD then doesn’t change to reflect it. For example, leaving Hagen the HUD says an 80kph speed limit is coming up but it only changes to 50kph. There are also issues with speed signs on the track.
    4. The sound is once again too low when in the cab, although this might not be a bad thing as the 185 is usually deafening.
    Due to the scenario trophy for RSN not popping in TSW 2020, I played this scenario more times than I care to remember, so these issues stick out like a saw thumb to me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've also noticed all of the above.

Reversing the train causes various quite bizarre issues on the HUD.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Actually I can't reproduce point 1.
    The afb afb sound comes at least when moving the afb for the first time.
    For me the afb works, not as good as before in TSW2020 but it works. It decreases the speed until it's around 10 kmh belov the set speed, so I set afb to 40,it reduces to about 30 and then the brakes release without pressing any button.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The good news is that the scenario trophy popped immediately in TSW 2 for RSN.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/br185-2-afb-strange-behaviour.27047/

AFB issues in details with clips and screens.

The problem is that it does not brake 10 kph below the selected speed, it brakes for an unknown amount of time after the train speed reaches the selected speed, this means that this mechanic is probabily unintended and makes braking using the AFB unpredictable and makes AFB in general unrealistic, defying the whole point of playing a Simulator.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

AFB in TSW 2020 would generally slow the train up to 3kph below the AFB target speed, the train would then speed up to and maintain the AFB target speed. It definitely doesn’t do this anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

The point was that I couldn't reproduce the fact that it slowed the train to 0 kmh. Still its a matter of fact that it is not working properly, as you stated.

• Like Like x 1