Ruhr-sieg Red Woes Possibly Solved (!) (?)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Jan 21, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In the past, I have often dropped out of a freight service due to a red signal that stopped my train (and, usually, a passenger train on the next track) after just a few kilometers. The signal, by the way, stands to the right of the passenger train's track. For example, this happened to me yesterday during the Mixed Freight Wuppertal-Steinbeck-Hagen service.
    As usual, I called the dispatcher, who replied, "Proceed as signals indicate". [Thanks a lot! ] Instead of stopping and waiting forever with no opposing traffic in sight, I decided to save the scenario and then just drove on through and -- no penalty!
    Will this always be true? I won't guarantee it, but it strikes me as better than just sitting there.

P.s.: by the way, if you do choose to sit and wait, you'll find that you can keep busy by opening and closing the doors (cab and passenger) on that passenger train alongside you and can even exit your train and take over the passenger run. If you elect to do this, the freight you've given up immediately heads down the track. "V-e-r-y interesting, but stupid!"

2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member