Rumble Over Switches / Track Bumps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JasperHuskyFox, Oct 16, 2020.

1. JasperHuskyFox

JasperHuskyFox Member

To make this game feel more immersive, I'd love if they added rumble to the controllers when your train hits switches, joints, or even when you wheelslip. TS when using a controller does this, I'm not sure why this game doesn't, especially when it could help the immersion factor BIG time

Or, even gave a setting when you throttle up to notch 8, have it rumble, to really feel your loco

Alot of immersion can be added by a little haptic feedback from your controller

• Like Like x 6
  2. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

killing the controller faster might be a good reason why dovetail may have not implemented this, but I doubt thats the reason rather the incompetence of dovetail is the more likely of reasons
    (personally tho, id get annoyed at the constant rumbling especially on the LIRR lel)

A nice feature involving the controller tho might be having radio chatter sent through the controller speakers like in GTA 5 during police violence/ phone calls

3. JasperHuskyFox

JasperHuskyFox Member

Not really, plus there are always options to turn off rumble anyway. Plus, lots of games have rumble, I've had an analog stick go first on my day one Xbox One original console before ever having rumble issues, and I played LOTS of Forza, and many other titles that use rumble quite a bit, plus when able to, I turn it way up. Again, I've had an analog stick go first before rumble. Heck, my OG PS2 Dual Shock rumbles the day it was manufactured, so even then I doubt "killing the controller" would be an issue. Again, just like the Wii, you should be able to, could be able to, and can be able to turn off or dampen rumble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. proluigigamer01

"killing" as in killing the battery bruv
    (Not destroying the controller)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

They could probably do this with the PS5 controller.

6. proluigigamer01

definitely possible, its more suited for immersive gameplay in general from what im hearing tho i still believe constant rumbling from the tracks and other would easily drain the battery faster than in normal operation, how about like an immersive throttle where one could feel like the throttle notches/ brakes levers ect ect ?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  7. ZeenozPlays

Both would be good. I doubt the battery would be too effected since it’s one of PlayStation’s selling points, I think they took the time to make sure it doesn’t burn battery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. proluigigamer01

touche touche, if im lucky to get my hands on a ps5 (life gives me a -10 chance of that) id probs just go with the throttle, rumbling would just feel to weird on me with tracks and stuff (wheel-slip admittedly might be a good justification for rumbling tho)

9. ZeenozPlays

Wheel-Slip could be a thing that locks your triggers and prevents you from moving.

I’d like to feel the haptic feedback/vibration through the controller too though.