Rw Enhancer Or Rw Enhancer 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Does rw enhancer 2 offer anything more graphically over the original version please?

• Like Like x 1
  2. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

I have both, and don't dabble too much away from the default graphic setting - which really do improve the TSC in game graphics!
    I dare say you can probably go even deeper in the RWE settings to change shaders etc - but im more than happy with the defaults.
    Main benefit for me on RWE2 being able to do station stops, in real time, with live weather, and with station announcements in Quick Drive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

I think RWE2 has some game-wide sound upgrades included, you might want to look up some YouTube videos about it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the replies. I'm running default settings and am not fussed about announcements or weather atm. Just wondered if version 2 offers any visual improvements. I found another post where someone mentions the visuals being the same between the 2 versions?
    Thanks.

5. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

In a very quick and not very scientific test - these I my results!

Attached Files:

6. I see there is some difference. Thanks for the comparison.

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I can't see any. I wrote more about it here.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

FWIW, I use RWEPro but felt the game was just too in your face. The colours are too vivid, particular the greens and yellows.

I got the latest version of reshade and using only a single shader (that has zero effect of performance that I can see) reduced the colour saturation of the yellows and greens. The game looks all the better for it, and very similar to the RWE2 shot above.

I think RWE is a great addition to the game, but having bought RWE and RWEPro I just can’t justify another purchase for RWE2. Even with the ‘existing owner’ discount it’s still €20.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

I have 1st, but in Pro version. RWE 2 is over-featured and too complicated to be "just a graphical utility". Some tweaks RWE makes are useful, some are not, but vanilla graphics in TSC is quiet good without any tweaks. The only thing on a high demand for me, talking about graphics only, is to replace terrain textures with modern HD pack, matching the track ballast prism perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. trevkiwi

trevkiwi Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

I wonder how'd RWE do custom HUDs with train data. I think, they used Raildriver API to get data from game core. I worked another way many years ago and used LUA to make a customisable data log outside the game folder. So I also worked with "extra HUD" feature, not as overlay but separate window for additional display.

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yes it does use the Raildriver api

• Like Like x 1
  13. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

I haven't know about such opportunity before, so used another way, via script. I think, mine is not worse as I have an ability to export any control's value outside the game core and then process it with my software. The minus is you'd need to make a script injection into binary data of chosen loco, but this procedure is fully automated and doesn't need asset's source files. Also, for 3rd party loco you can get only controls that are already exist, not your own. So I used TSHelper scripts, but without ingame overlay.