San Diego & Arizona Carrizo Gorge Route Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by evanhinkle1, Apr 22, 2021.

1. evanhinkle1

evanhinkle1 New Member

I would Love to see the San Diego & Arizona Carrizo Gorge Route for TSW between San Diego and El Centro, California. the Train would Leave San Diego, California via Tijuana and Tecate, Mexico and return to the United States Via Division, Campo, Jacumba Hot Springs, Carrizo Gorge, Coyote Wells, Plaster City, Seeley before arriving in El Centro best estimate of route length is 129.7 Miles, the La Mesa Branch to El Cajon is an additional 16.1 miles and is the current orange line for the San Diego Trolley I am not going to be requesting the branch to Coronado as the information is very limited on the main Line as it is however it is known that Southern Pacific took over the route in the 1930's and operated to at least the late 1970's. For the Equipment that would have been used the only thing that I could find was GP9 Low Nose , SW8 and a Ford Fire Truck, however there is a book called
    SAN DIEGO AND ARIZONA EASTERN motive power and equipment that may provide more information on the equipment used during the time it was under Southern Pacific ownership.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There is a MSTS version of this route which looks very nice, problem as with any longer route is you’re going to need a 50 or 60 mile section to showcase as that’s pretty much the extent of TSW route capability and development resources, to date.