PC Sand Patch Grade Bc Break Stuck At 27

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by helge, Aug 23, 2020.

1. helge

helge New Member

I played up to scenario Y104. With Y102 it happend and Y104 that when I start the scenario I can not vent the BC break. It worked on Y103. I tried starting new and different break settings. When I switch into the other train it still shows BC on 27. That means I can play the scenario but the is a constant breaking going on. I start moving only when I set the engine to level 3 and above.

2. Calebro

Calebro New Member

I have this same problem, and I am on Xbox.

3. Trunks28

Trunks28 New Member

I have the same issue. I've noticed if the breaks are at 27 as soon as the scenario loads. There is no way to release the breaks. The breaks will stay stuck at 27. But if the scenario loads and the breaks bump up to 57, it will work fine when you go to release the breaks. It has happened on almost every scenario so far with Sand Patch Grade. The majority of the time if i restart the scenario it will correct itself after the first or second restart. But there have been a couple now that will not work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. damgreene

damgreene New Member

DId you try switching the MU valve near the floor to "Lead or Dead".?
    I had this same issue but that seemed to clear it up, and also make sure your cut out valve is set to freight. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Rush

Rush Member

I’ve noticed that a lot of the scenarios/services will start out both of your locos with the MU valve set to trail 6 or 26. Every time I start something new I check the valve. There’s a lot of repeat post about people not being able to get the brakes free on sand patch grade with the SD-40’s and GP-38’s and I’m guessing this is more often than not the cause.

6. helge

helge New Member

Cheers man, that Mu valve solved the issue. How would I know that? Thanks for your help. After I set the MU valve to "lead or dead" in my German version that is "Führend oder abgeschaltet" I was able to vent the break with the independent break.

7. helge

helge New Member

Thank you very much. It worked!

8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, I've had the same issue and this solved it :)

9. Trunks28

Trunks28 New Member

Thanks this worked!