Sand Patch Grade Journey - Stuck In Snow

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mike.duncan, Aug 24, 2021.

1. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Since the majority of content is unusable right now, I'm finishing up the Sand Patch Grade "Big Power" journey, and I am stuck on "Q353 - Manifest - Cumberland to Willard". I get stuck in the snow about halfway up the mountain, and cannot get it going. I was able to finish it as a timetable with no rain/snow without any problem whatsoever, but that doesn't count towards the journey. I've seen a setup guide for GP38-2 and SD40-2 for getting the locos at the back to work better with the locos at the front, but these are all AC4400CWs, and I tried my best to convert that info, but it didn't do much to help. If anyone has any suggestions, I will appreciate all the help I can get.

2. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

I had the same problem too until I got some really good advice, when doing a scenario, don’t touch anything unless they tell you. In my efforts to set the trains up, all I did was lock the brakes. In the scenarios with the front set an a rear set, I was going to the back of the consist and setting it up manually. Turns out, when you just turn on banking comms everything is magically set up. In the scenario you’re talking about, just click the few buttons they tell you at the beginning and try it out.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Thanks, will give it a try

4. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

I believe I’ve had to occasionally turn on Gen Field, but if I setup lead loco correctly, everything seems to work.

5. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Did the job, no problems. Thanks again.

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest