PC Sandpatch Timetable Service Crashes, But Not A Bug ....

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi,

This morning, after the patches of September 29th are applied, I experience Unreal crashes with Sandpatch route.
    I could complete the switching tutorial and the fuelling tutorial without problem. But then I get this crash report from the Unreal engine for GP38-2 timetable services Y106 (Refuelling) and Y107. Same for a service with the SD40-2

LoginId:3187eac14c7b7ada5fb827bc1aec758e
    EpicAccountId:fde625e8343c403e84925657dcddb3e5

Assertion failed: [File:Unknown] [Line: 263] CommandList->Close() failed at F:/Dev/TSW2_SUBPC/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12CommandList.cpp:126 with error E_INVALIDARG
    I then tried a service on ECW, which runs without problem. I verified the cache (no issues) and I restarted my computer. Looking at the message, it does not feel like an issue with drivers or my OS.

To be very sure, I checked for the latest Nvdia drivers and installed them, turned off the -DX12 option, restarted and it worked again.

I have no idea what exactly happened, but it is a good lesson to take some time to get everything very stable before reporting a bug and complain about Unreal or DTG.