PC Save Function

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by adrian.thompson7, Feb 26, 2020.

1. adrian.thompson7

adrian.thompson7 New Member

Does this work or does it just screw up the controls because when I use it I come back and cant operate controls like throttle either with keyborard or mouse. Great stuff well done.

2. jerry

jerry New Member

In recent days I've read comments from users who say it works and from some who say it doesn't. I've recently encountered only situations when it doesn't work. Some days I have limited time to spend gaming and wanted to do a portion of one scenario and come back later to finish it up. Needless to say I invested about 45 minutes in my first session and when I came back to complete the remaining half hour so so I ran into the issue with controls.

I only play simulation based games and with the exception of Prepar3D where some things don't work with complex payware aircraft when trying to save and return, all the others I play (ATS, ETS2, Farm Sim a few others) all have functioning game save features that allow you to pickup where you left off.

It would be a nice to know a feature like this will get the attention I think we all believe it deserves. Perhaps someday it will.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have had trouble with the save function on the rare occasions I have used it.

I wish you could have more than one save too, well at least one for each route.

In service mode I have had the issue when loading a saved session whilst having taken over a class 47 hauled service, there is an alarm sounding which cannot be silenced. Also train controls not working if I recall. I don't use the save function anymore.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  4. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The backup function never worked well in TSW.

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This could be a PC-specific issue, if that helps narrow it down for a fix. On PS4, I've only had a couple of instances where it's been unable to save, but then tried again and it's worked ok. I save/load fairly regularly and haven't experienced the control issues you describe after loading a saved game.

6. mickgaming25

mickgaming25 New Member

I have had it happen a few times and only way to fix is restart the game. They need a new Save Function