PlayStation Save Game Issues - Base Ps4

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by underwaterdick, Sep 8, 2021.

1. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Ever since the engine upgrade and associated core updates that came with it, I am experiencing the regular glitch that we had in the original TSW with save game loads.

I am on PS4 and it happens across all routes, in timetable or journey mode.

In summary, loading a saved game results in what appears to be a normal continuation of the route until you reach either a red signal that won't clear, a train blocking the route ahead where it shouldn't be or a route objective that no longer appears as it did before the saved game.

I have experienced this on all routes,
    With it happening most of the time I use a saved game load.
    It can be frustrating because if you save early in a route (WSR for example) you can drive for over an hour before hitting one of these issues.

East Coast way and SEHS appear to be the worst for this, with every save game load having an issue of some kind.
    On other routes it sometimes doesn't happen and they load normally. But it has happened to every route that I have played. (I have not tried Bakerloo or SPG yet)

Pre major update this was never happening to my save game loads.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Hi,
    the issues you described happened to me since the beginning of TSW2020, so I don't think it's an engine/upgrade problem.

However, this problem has gotten way to less attention. Till then, the save game function is useless.