"scanning Scenario Database" Probnlems After Adding Workshop Scenarios After Ts2018 Update

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Tuddley3, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Tuddley3

Tuddley3 New Member

I have unsubscribed to all Workshop scenarios, reinstalled the simulator twice, and every time I add a Workshop scenario, it crashes during startup (Temp Dump v61.4b.dmp) (railworks_610401_crash_2018_3_26T0_54_44C0.mdmp). I have to Alt + Tab out and close the "Saved Dump file to D:\Temp Dump\v61.4b.dmp" then closde the simulator.

This last time I only added 1 scenario pack by RBJets which includes 25 scenarios. Sim crashed, so I unsubbed the pack and It still crashes (so i may have to reinstall TS2018 a 3rd time), even Verifying game files doesn't fix it.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had the same issue and I am sure the workshop content I installed was from the same person. There is one thing you can try and that is to subscribe to the content one or two items at a time and start up train sim and go to workshop content and let it download it. It is possible by hitting the subscribe all is to over whelming for train sim.

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Tuddley3,

This could be a problem with the item you're attempting to download, could you provide us with a link to investigate further? Also, could you drop a ticket into our Customer Support Team who will be happy to look into this for you - make sure to provide them with the crash dump file you refer to. You can submit a ticket at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

Best, Steve

4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Same here. Unsubscribed to all workshop scenarios, uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't get past the title screen. I'll submit a ticket. Had no issues until I added a new scenario tonight.

5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know Disintegration7 - and really appreciate you taking the time to put a ticket in.

Best, Steve

6. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I have been having the exact same issue, it is very frustrating and I don't know what to do!

7. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

This is usually caused by a Workshop item not downloading correctly. It has been discussed numerous times in the TS20xx forums on Steam. The usual method to resolve it is to not only unsubscribe from the Workshop item in Steam but also to delete the folder from the Workshop folder within the Steam library: SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\24010. Quite often unsubscribing from items in Steam still leaves the folder on your PC and consequently TS will not load properly. The folders normally have the date they were installed so just delete the latest one. That should allow TS to launch correctly after which you can subscribe to the Workshop items again. When subscribing to the Workshop only subscribe to one item at a time to allow for correct installation as too many downloading at once can cause the downloads to become corrupted

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I just tried doing what you had said and deleting the file, it did not work and the game still isn't loading.

Last edited: May 5, 2018