Scenario Bug: Northbound Freight (inselbahn) - Traffic/red Signal Freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by dropstring, May 16, 2021.

1. dropstring

dropstring New Member

Toward the end of the scenario, your train has to stop at Lietzow Siding 2 to wait for the RE9 to pass. The RE9 appears on the map just fine, but the scenario doesn't correctly switch its path. This results in (I guess) a red signal that avoids it crashing into your sidelined train to never turn green.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

This issue is still not fixed. Dovetail has no responsibility for Workshop scenarios it didn't build. But anything Dovetail earns revenue from like this scenario included in DLC payware should be fixed immediately. There is no excuse.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you reported it?
    Or are you hoping somebody else did?

5. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

Yep. I've reported two bugs in the last 48 hours. And I always get the same reply when I do...

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We understand that coming across bugs in your game can be a frustrating experience, but we are very grateful that you have taken the time to contact us. Additionally, we would like to express our apologies for any inconvenience caused or if your enjoyment of the game has been adversely affected. Community feedback is what drives our development, and your feedback will be used to better inform our future work. At this time, we do not have any updates as the team have been unable to resolve the problem.

The issue reported has now been logged for further investigation and this ticket will be marked as resolved. Please bear in mind that support staff are not developers or QA testers, which is why we won't always be able to confirm an issue or provide updates on the progress of a solution. However, we are doing our best to log and prioritize community issues to get the best result for our community members.

And you're right, they can't fix it if they don't know about it. But you would think there would be at least one hardcore Train Simulator player on Dovetail's staff who would find and report problems with the scenarios sold with/as DLC. But maybe not :(

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

So, I support DTG support and tested this ;)

This is a good scenario, very relaxed, and I've had no troubles completing it. Can't see why a fix would be required.

RE9 passed, and I get my green at Lietzow
    1.png

Arriving at Sassnitz
    2.png

Complete
    3.png

One advice: just don't annoy the dispatcher by pressing TAB each time you encounter a red signal. Just wait for the block to clear and your path being set.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2023
  7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

*bump*

KodiakJac I have a suspicion. Do you have a Networks folder in RailWorks\Content\Routes\00000088-0000-0000-0000-000000002018\?

If yes - delete it. If you have opened the route in the editor once, it will write a modified tracks.bin in the mentioned folder. That could be the reason it's not working for you. Deleting that tracks.bin will restore the route and the original file from MainContent.ap will be used again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2023
  8. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

Thanks for this tip, Torf! I may very well have done that. In fact, I'm sure of it...lol

I just checked, and I don't have a Networks folder in 00000088-0000-0000-0000-000000002018. So, it has to be that I annoyed the dispatcher, which I frequently do at red signals...lol

I like the scenario, so after getting stuck at that red signal at Lietzow, I cloned it and deleted the RE9. But I didn't realize bad things can happen by using the TAB at red signals. Is there a rule of thumb on when and when not to use the TAB at red signals?

I really appreciate your help, as I always learn something :)

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Tabbing normally is not necessary - it depends on how good the signalling works. As signalling is a very complex matter, some routes do not work perfectly. Workshop scenario designers like Not.Silent always tell you when to tab. Sometimes you need it when exiting yards for getting access to the mainline.

Tabbing is sort of "pathing on demand", which does not happen in real life on a regular timetable - so by using it your path was probably set blocking the RE9 due to a dispatcher or signal script/setup error. There's no need for using it on this scenario.

So generally speaking, avoid using Tab unless required. Checking the map you'll see if there's AI crossing your path. I only tab when I see the line ahead is clear and don't get a green anyway.

In conclusion, from the game engine's POV, tabbing should be no issue - you should simply get a "no!". It fails in this case due to the way the signals are set up which is down to the route builder. (See the flickering on the HUD when approaching Lietzow?)

But thanks for making me play this beautiful route again, one of DTG's best.

I've attached my update to the BR120. Better cab camera (always like to add a view standing in the cab), bit less cab sway in Y and Z directions (it's not a steamer hey!, so doubled the damping coeffs), reduced throttle handle input sensitivity, reduced the headlight intensity and added a second camera to sit on the opposite seat (and by the window) in the IC coaches.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2023
  10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Update screenshots:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

11. KodiakJac

KodiakJac Active Member

Thanks for all the info about the TAB key, Torf! I think I "get it" now!

And thanks for the BR120 mod, too! Throttle handle sensitivity is a problem on quite a few locos, so I'll be using this mod for sure.

I also love this route! :D

• Like Like x 1