Scenario Build Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petros Efthimiou, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Petros Efthimiou

Petros Efthimiou Member

Does anyone know what order should I give in the editor in order to operate the run round procedure? (The run round procedure is when the train has arrived in the destination but the locomotive must change sides if we want to continue the reverse route. )
    Thanks in advance

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Simplest form:
    Disconnect all other items from back of engine
    Connect all items to front of engine

long form:
    Disconnect all other items from back of engine
    Go to marker somewhere in front of train and stop
    Any other required notices or destinations
    Go to marker somewhere behind train and stop
    Connect all items to front of engine

I have also found that once a consist has a direction it's best not to change it so whatever starts out as the front of the train (where the 2 camera view goes to) will be the same throughout no matter which end of the loco you're actually in, so always follow this logic when selecting "connect to front" or "connect to back"

3. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

I didn't know that.
    That could explain some issues I encountered in the past while creating a new scenario.
    I have to keep it in mind when creating a shunting scenario I've got planned.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

One of my workshop scenarios is around the Isle of Sheppey on the Sittingbourne - Sheerness extension to the Faversham route.
    I spent a month of tinkering and figured out that the direction of the consist formation remains throughout the scenario and even changing ends etc etc doesn't seem to make a difference as to which end retains "front"

The other thing I've found is that sidings are often marked as one whole area, so any lights protecting them don't change when you clear the initial entry (indeed the whole of the sheerness / sidings complex seems to be one region covered by one light so you can't run a service in behind your freighter to SSS even though the freighter is in the dock sidings.

Another thing I found is that the markers (platform, siding and stop) cannot overlap. So for instance when you're pulling into Bristol Temple Meads and you want to specify "stop at platform 7" the main markers are "7&8" so you either remove the marker and make your own you can can squeeze a very small marker in at the end of the platform, but people then the doors may not open properly

The OTHER thing I've found is markers in sidings and loops can be done incorrectly. Such as the South Wales Coastal where stormy down loop's stop marker on the tracks is about ten feet beyond the protective signal. This means if you put an AI freighter in the siding it will stop beyond the protective signal, effectively fouling the mainline, so you can't then run a service past the looped consist
    This isn't so bad when you are the freighter, because you will stop behind the protective signal and a faster train can pass you, but it's worth remembering if you're parking AI in a loop and wondering why the light which should now allow you past is on red.