Scenario Creation: "follow-on" Mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Jun 5, 2018.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This is a question for my fellow scenario makers:
    I recently bought the "Soldier Summit and Salt Lake City" DLC, which does not connect directly with the "Soldier Summit" route, as I had hoped, but does have in common with it the yard at Helper. My 73-years old brain tells me that there's a way to make a scenario that ends with an option to begin what I'll call a "follow-on" scenario: one that begins where and when the previous scenario ended. Of course, there's no mention of this in the long-outdated "RW Timetable View Manual", so I'm hoping someone can tell me how to set this up, if it still exists, that is.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tom Pallen

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Uhhh....The Salt Lake DLC DOES connect directly to Soldier Summit. That's how extensions work...if they didn't connect directly it wouldn't be an extension, it would be a separate route. And you realize that Soldier Summit is Provo to Helper, and the Salt Lake route has both Provo and Helper?

Now what you are talking about here is the Green River Subdivision. That line would overlap with Soldier Summit at Helper. The Salt Lake line overlaps with Soldier Summit at Provo.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

By gosh, you're right!

Soldier Summit: Provo to Helper:
    NW terminus: Portal Geneva (just past Provo Yards); SE terminus: Portal Denver (just past Helper Yards).

Soldier Summit: Helper to Salt Lake City:
    N terminus: Portals Ogden (2); S terminus: Portal Denver (just past Helper Yards)

Thanks for correcting me. However, I'd still like to know whether what I'm calling "follow-on" scenarios still exist and, if so, how to set up the first scenario so that the second one begins when the first ends.

P.s.: No I am not "talking" about Green River Subdivision, whatever that is.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The only method I know of to begin a scenario where another ends is just do it manually. There's no magic method, you just have to put the train at part 2 where it should be at the end of part 1. Each person will stop the train in a slightly different place at the end of part 1, so it won't always be right, but if you try your best nobody will notice the difference.

5. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

There was a way years ago to "chain" scenarios together; you can still find references to this process through special .lua scripting. This functionality has been gone for some time now, though. I think it was when it became TS2015.