Scenario Details Menu

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fear-Factor, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Hi all

I want to ask about the scenario details menu on the right side of the screen.
    For me its not really informative and maybe do not understand the idea behind it?

Sometimes there is only a info about the loco and general route name...
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.09.24 - 15.49.35.55.png

On another scenarios tab i can see only the weather conditions.
    Ts2prototype Screenshot 2022.09.24 - 15.56.36.02.png

Thats all.... completly useless in my opinion.

The zoomable map is also useless because the are not even station names on it....
    Where are the informations what is the estimated route travel length or the duration of the scenario?
    How many stations?
    Start and estimated end time?

Due to the fact that we do not have the save function (i know, it will probably implemented later) so this is not a good thing.
    Meanwhile ive had few situations that ive started a scenario without to know how long it will take to solve it and was forced to interrupt it because i have to leave the house (for example).

How about also to add a visual ascpect to that menu?
    I would like to see which kind of train/loco will be used on that scenario instead of this unfeeling design in a form of a text.
    I am a person which like technical details about such machines and i dont know every loco in the world.
    So this kind of info/presentation would be interesting.
    Yes, i know... i can also check it on wikipedia or anther sources.
    But come on....

• Like Like x 1
  2. trpted

trpted Member

This video I believe should help answer at least one of the questions/issues.

3. Fear-Factor

I am not sure but i cant see any video in your post. Guess its not allowed to post youtube links or similar?
    Or is it just me that i cant see those links?

4. trpted

trpted Member

Go to https://www.youtube.com and then type in after the .com

watch?v=vgHklVwRjss and if that did not work, then search for TSW3 Tutorial To The Trains aka How to Choose Train, Route, Timetable, Scenario etc

{Final Edit} When I used NoScrpit with Firefox if Youtube is not on the trusted list, I see/saw the same thing..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  5. Fear-Factor

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

I see now the difference... when i choose the "to the trains" -> "train depot" -> "scenario" so there are informations about the scenario time length. Thats fine.
    1.JPG

But when i go "to the trains" -> "train journeys" -> selecting a journey > selecting chapter so there are no such informations.
    2.JPG