Scenario Editing & Drop Off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shang#7390, Feb 16, 2021.

1. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

Hi, What is Drop Off and how does it work? Does it mean i can leave wagons and carriages in the siding as part of the mission? I don't understand the different options that are involved.

What is the propper way to use 'Dropp Off', a step by step tutorial would be welcome.

And do i need to do a Final Destination if that's the last thing i want to do on my route.

I have tried this drop off thing myself and i have failed to succeed.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You have a train with a number of wagons
    At a location it says Drop Off certain wagons - Drop Off means Leave Behind
    If it says Drop Off the last three wagons at Siding 6 when you arrive there you Uncouple them from the rest of the train and carry on

On the HUD you can click on the Couple Button and the view of the train changes showing each wagon and the loco which is always at the right hand side. Place your mouse where you wish to uncouple and click

3. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

I have already tried that, and it did not work.. I tried to uncouple all of my wagons - how do you make it so you drop off certain wagons? For the contrary i had 'Consist Order' ticked. I don't know if that means anything.

I put 'Final Destination' up after the Drop Off order, and the game isn't succeeding the Scenario after I uncouple the wagons therefore I don't know if wat i have done is wrong or right.

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There is a box within the "drop off" screen in which you have to tell the despatcher which items you want to drop off. There is a icon (I can't remember what it looks like although I use it a lot) which brings up the numbers of the individual wagons/carriages etc on the 2D map, you click on them and it adds them to the list. Although it doesn't always work, I sometimes have to start it off by inputting the number in manually. It is hard to explain. There are some useful videos on Youtube which explain it much better than I can, it isn't hard but I have probably made it sound harder! Matt has made some very good tutorial on scenario creation.

Certainly in timetable scenario mode you need to add a final destination instruction, so for example if your last movement involves loading/unloading passengers at Paddington platform 12 then after that you need to set the final destination instruction to Paddington platform 12, similarly if involves dropping wagons off in Acton yard siding 2 then the last thing you add is final destination and choose Acton yard siding 2.

5. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

Thank you.. What does 'Consist Order' mean?

And does it matter which order you got the wagons listed in the Drop Off screen?

6. theorganist

I don't know regarding consist order, I should look into it. I will try and remember to have a look tonight.

I don't know if it matters which order you list the stock, I think I have got them in the wrong order in the past and it has worked but can't say for certain. I know if you get a digit wrong, when you enter them manually, it brings up errors so you need to make sure they are correct. The biggest problem I find, and it might be my system but often clicking on the stock when listing the items to be dropped off doesn't always work straight away so I often find I have to put in the first one manually.

There are also the add to front and add to back instructions for more fun and games.

It is worth getting into it as you can make some very immersive scenarios despite the restrictions with the editor/despatcher. You will get moments of frustration when something goes wrong or the despatcher won't route a train down what seems to be the most obvious path!

7. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

What about 'Rail Vehicles in Task List' - does this show the individual wagons in the briefing - task list?

Also, wat about Handle Off Path and Option?

8. theorganist

I have never used those so not sure to be honest. I will do some experimenting this evening. Rail vehicles in task list sounds like it might be useful!

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Think about it Consist is the train and Order is just that
    You are just over thinking what is a simple task

The instructions say something like at Siding 7 Detach wagons 701,635 and 652 from the rear of the train.
    Those will be the last 3 wagons on the train - you stop and uncouple them.

Why don't you help us to sort the problem out by telling us which route and which scenario?

10. shang#7390

shang#7390 Member

to uncouple my wagons, do i list it front to back, or back to front? or it doesn't matter? Do they need to be in order? or in any order that you wish?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  11. theorganist

I list them from front to back but I am not sure it matters. I haven't tried doing it any other way to be honest. Try experimenting with a short rake of about five and see what happens.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You list the wagons from the loco.
    Normally when you place them on the track the wagons generate their own numbers
    If you are just removing wagons from the train then you have them at the back.
    If you are intending to do something with the wagons then you place them where it will work.

Pick a scenario you already have and see how that is set up - it will help you understand how it works