Scenario Editor Help Please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Feb 1, 2021.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I’m taking my baby steps into the scenario editor, and have hit a wall.

I have an AP Class 37 I want to add snowploughs too (the livery I want doesn’t have them in the pack).

So I Ctrl E, and follow the instructions in the AP 37 manual. I’ve only got as far as where it says to tick the boxes in columns two and three on the RHS, but it won’t let me.

Have no idea how to proceed, and advice gratefully received as always.

(I am doing this with a custom consist in a QD route, if that makes things easier to diagnose.)

414622BD-5156-4760-AF76-A89952B9CC85.jpeg

2. inversnecky

I found a version I want in the long list from AP, but would still like to know what the issue was.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You are in the World Editor and not the Scenario Editor

When you go in to World Editor click on the Orange Scenario box top right.
    Go to the stock you wish to place on the track and the centre line of white boxes will be clickable

Peter

4. inversnecky

Ah, thanks, Peter!

Turned out the variant I selected that showed snowploughs in the preview, didn’t have them at all, so still need to edit.

I can’t find the orange box you mention in the top RHS though, or in any of the fly outs on the LHS:

31AFF919-8B30-4EC1-81F2-81E7EDC302CD.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  5. inversnecky

I’ve read through the TS2020 manual and the Creator Manual it references, which seem to be more geared to routes.

Is it the case that you can only edit a train in a created scenario, and not in QD, so I can’t just tweak one of the locos in the list?

Do I have to create a specific scenario outwith QD to make use of the scenario editor tweaks in the AP manual?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is nothing to stop you starting a QD, pausing it and replacing the traction.
    Having Paused the scenario I went to World Editor then clicked on Scenario Editor - The orange train in the right of the box on the left side - sounds daft when I read it but this one
    1b Scenario.jpg

You can then move the train loco and put something else in its place
    Finally drag the instructions off the old loco on to the new one and click Play bottom right
    Screenshot_Hamburg to Hanover_52.62176-10.06268_10-30-09.jpg
    Sometime the signalling is weird so I pause and restart the scenario

7. inversnecky

Thanks, I’ve managed to get into the scenario editor and tick the right columns in the RH fly out as per the AP instructions, but I come unstuck when trying to edit the number.

2EAB7478-8FCF-4C4B-A100-5A63BE79D8C1.jpeg 92636F87-1EEF-4C19-B70B-36F7D3C23387.jpeg 7045FB91-1C03-4617-A940-126FC188BC6D.jpeg
    I searched and on Steam someone said you click on the driving wheels of the loco to get a fly out on the RHS with the number to edit, but when I click on the wheels, the loco just gets shaded yellow or red.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Double click the loco or carriage involved, you will get a pull out (top right I believe) and you can change the details there including numbering, fuel levels etc

Be aware if you have the whole consist selected you will only normally have "loaded or unloaded" as an option (handy if you want to make all wagons loaded, but not handy if you wish to renumber them)

Please be aware that if doing this with a multiple unit there are some which take the destination etc from one specific carriage (350, 450 etc) and some which you have to number EACH carriage (the DTG overground trains are like this)

9. inversnecky

Thanks. I only had a loco, no consist, in case of problems.

I just don’t see any pullout at all.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  10. ARuscoe

OK, I just opened scenario editor, plonked down an AP37 and double clicked it. Got this pull out top right

upload_2021-2-1_20-59-21.png
    As you can see AP added config in there automatically to configure the additional details
    (Just set the loco to 37001 and the numbering goes nuts...)

11. inversnecky

Thanks guys, for taking the time to help and make screenshots - I persevered and finally managed to locate that RH flyout with lots of clicks and tweaked my 37 - added full snowplough and cold start. Even managed to add some custom snow from the AP Weather Pack. (Alan Thomson better watch out, I'll be leaving him in the dust in twelve months, haha!)

Cold starting the 37 is much more engaging than the 40 (which comes with cold start options and doesn't need the scenario editor tweak). Wonder if there's a way to save a cold start 37 outside a scenario, so it appears in the loco list for Quick Drive consists as can cold start 40s?

Is there a way to delay the start of a scenario? Cold starting the 37 takes a good 5-10 minutes and I need a way to delay the departure time to account for it. In the RH flyout, there's time listed I see, but in a guide to scenario editing, there was a warning not to change the time? Is that because lots of other times have to be advanced as well?

Interesting that the 37s gather snow around the base, but AP coaching stock doesn't: can look a bit incongruous. AP, add some snow to your coaches! :)

20210202205100_1.jpg 20210202210704_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  12. ARuscoe

The time the scenario loads and the departure time of the loco are two separate things, depending on where you're starting from you can always put something doing an opposing move that will stop your signal clearing until you really want it to

13. inversnecky

Something else to learn, no idea on how to do that, I'm afraid!

14. ARuscoe

OK...
    When you first load into the scenario from the main build screen you get the scenario options screen top right. IN that you can set the time at the beginning of the scenario
    When you set the train's stops you can set the start time in the top option, if you do this to an AI service it doesn't move UNTIL that time. Obviously players can do what they want

So if you want to make sure the player cannot move until a certain time you can make something come in the opposite direction just before you're going to set off, blocking your path and so setting the lights ahead to danger (red) until that loco clears
    Either that or put something in the block AHEAD of you that sets off at the time you want to leave, this will mean you start off chasing yellows until that unit clears

15. inversnecky

Many thanks, will have a go.

16. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. inversnecky

Thanks, Cat, will look later.

What a job it was trying to replace the default MU with an AP411 in a scenario.

The editor seemed to keep freezing, or doing something so I couldn’t select a coach to delete, no matter how many times I clicked on it. Took a few goes to delete all but the driving coach of the old train, move it to the end of the platform, add in my 411 set, move the instructions (no mean feat in a cramped station, where they’re halfway into the ceiling!) to the DMSA, then delete the last car of the old train.

Really should have used TS Tools for that one!

But seems to work fine!

926CEF07-3427-448F-85B9-02BED16128D7.jpeg

What’s the trick to adding new items on the track though? I select a coach and put it on the track, and it seems no matter what I do, click or move the mouse, I end with with half a dozen of the same thing!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

Right click cancels the "add multiples of the same thing" mode and puts you back to the default cursor

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Inversnecky, first glance at you pic of the 411 I thought it was real. I too have it and it's a stunning piece of work by AP.

• Like Like x 1
  20. inversnecky

Mine desperately needs a wash, though!

21. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

They always did.:))

22. inversnecky

Strange, that doesn't seem to work for me at all - right clicking just deletes what I put there.

After starting my edited scenario, I came across some CEP "debris" littered on other platforms - had to return to edit and delete, delete!

20210206211444_1.jpg

By the way, does London Victoria have a leaky roof, or is that another "opacity" glitch on the London to Brighton route?

23. inversnecky

24. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

You're welcome. BTW if you want to delete or move an entire train there is a small circle bottom left of the screen. Click that on and click on any part of the consist to move or delete it. Don't forget to switch it off though.

25. ARuscoe

The latter

26. inversnecky

Thought as much!

The leaking was bad enough with the default EMU in the scenario, but turned into a deluge when I put in the 411. I thought the black roof was just dark sky at first.

27. ARuscoe

Remember that the 411 scenarios may well have AP weather which can be much harsher than DTG weather