Scenario Editor - See Lighting?

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Dakota, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Dakota

Dakota Member

I have used the Scenario Editor extensively. Out of maybe 50 times I've edited scenarios and worked to add lighting, only maybe 2-3 times did the lights actually cast light in the scenario editor (yes I have the time set to night). Most of the time all I see is a white circle "near" the light structure and the faint ghosts of the scenery that should be illuminated (but is not). What am I missing?????

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I have looked at lights in the Scenario Editor I have also seen the same effect
    It is only when the Scenario starts does the light effect work.
    Newer lights - as in game age - seem to work better than older ones

It might be worth looking at lights on a route that you do like the effect from and placing them on the route you are making

3. Dakota

Dakota Member

Once a couple of days ago, while making a SCENARIO, I was placing station lights at the Flagstaff Depot at night with moonlight so I could see the effects. It was great. I dragged out a light and it immediately illuminated the area. This is in the scenario editor. Now I can”t duplicate it. All I see are the floating white circles and the moonlit lamp fixtures. They are the Pacific Surfliner PS Station Lamp 01 Single. Irritating.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would be worried if I could not see them in the Scenario rather than the Editor.
    Have you change some of your settings - like Dynamic Lighting?