Scenario Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by limegreen, Sep 7, 2021.

1. limegreen

limegreen New Member

Hey Folks, i have an issues with some scenarios. I dont know their english name so i called them by the german name: "Frachtwechsel" and "Leere Rückkehr" on the RSN track, "S-Bahn Abschaltung" on Munich- Augsburg and "Lieferung an den Hafenbahnhof" on Main- Spessart. It is impossible for me to achive gold in these scenarios. I tryed many times, without sucsess. Many other scenarios i done in gold with many thousand pionts more than requiered. Is this a bug, oder are they any tricks on the named tasks to get gold?

2. limegreen

limegreen New Member

Nobody there who can help me?

3. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

I only play on North American routes (US & Canada) since I am from the United States. This applies to all routes but I believe you can get extra points by staying under the speed limit for 30 points and you could get half of that for going a little over.

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I did a quick check and for most scenarios you can get gold, as far as I can see. It can be quite hard though. Make sure to drive on time, do not overspeed and watch your stopping accuracy. If you loose time in the beginning of the scenario, things get really hard. You may try to use two different avatars, one to practice a bit and get to know what you must do, then use the other one to go for the points.Usually you should perform better if you play the same stuff more often.

5. limegreen

limegreen New Member

I am a quite experienced driver. I tryed these scenarios many many times. I stop at the correct mark, never overspeed or get a forced brakeing by the PZB.
    Example scenario "S- Bahn shutdown": For gold are 3.200 points needet. I can't make it to get over 3.000 points. It drives me crazy cause i don't know where the failure is. I watched some tutorials and i never seen one who get gold. This is why i consider that this have to be a bug.

6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

There are a few scenarios where you can not get enough points for Gold. But since points mean nothing, in my opinion it is not big deal.

Additionally, in many you must drive in an unsafe manner to make schedules so I usually will drive with safety and comfort for my passengers in mind over some arbitrary schedule - many schedules are just based on start time and then line speed and distance with little if any slack built in for weather conditions or congestion,

Enjoy the journey…..

• Like Like x 4
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll second LeadCatcher's remarks regarding points -- for me, TSW and TS are great ways to take my mind off of reality for a while, whereas anxiety about points, medals, and so forth is just too much like reality -- or even worse than it, since they mean nothing in the real world. After all, until you reveal them to others only you know your "scores".

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I also agree points are not a big thing to me either, but it's nice when can achieve a gold medal. My main reason for playing to me is to take my mind off of the day I had. And to me it's a escape to somewhere else for a couple of hours of enjoyment.

• Like Like x 1