Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gottabedarnell, Nov 27, 2022.

1. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Quick question Is scenario planner on ps5 more expandable than the ps4 version ???? If not when you guys go update it because it needs updating badddddddd....

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Nope. Scenario planner and livery designer is the same for each platform. Only thing different between pc and console is how much you can download from creators club.

SC and LD were supposed to get a 2.0 version in tsw2 but it quickly got scrapped for some reason and has never returned since. So what you have is what you will have. We might/might not get something in future installments of tsw but it's not something that are actively working on expanding at the moment

3. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Well it's a shame because it needs updating in the worst way

4. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

What needs updating in your opinion ;)

5. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Adding more train formations for one for example on the class 375 I should be able to use more than 4 cars basically give us more options also dynamic weather as a whole also just the overall layout clock functions for example they just need to update it they never even gave us 2.0 like they promised

• Like Like x 1
  6. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It’s gotten worse with TSW 3 unfortunately.
    Now we can’t change the weather in the scenario and I can’t tell what I’m selecting with the stupid black and white selector that comes with the new Ui.

There is still no map which accurately shows what path you’ve set- if there’s multiple routes from A to B, the map will show the shortest route regardless of the actual route. Some paths don’t show up on the map at all.
    A zoomed in section showing the platform or siding you’ve selected would be great as unless you know the route well then it can be hard to know where you are going to start or go to.

There is no way to set priorities apart from the order of placement. Ie the first service you create will have priority over everything. So if you want to create a service with some adverse signals you have to work backwards, placing the ai trains first.

I don’t expect a consist editor at this point as it’s clearly beyond the willingness of them. What would be nice as a compromise is a chance to select the locomotive and then the rolling stock separately.
    E.g. select ‘class 31’ and then select ‘blue mk1’s’ or ‘Cement wagons’ or ‘light engine’ etc.
    Then you can create other realistic formations (or crazy ones depending on your play style!).

The origin point length limit is a serious strain on creativity. I understand why it’s there to prevent crashes etc, but the scenario planner devs should be using every metre of platform space or opening up sidings where long trains could be used. Ruhr Seig Nord is an example where you cannot use long trains in passenger services despite the platforms being long. You can do a ICE 3 single unit from Hagen but not in the other direction from Finnetrop.

I think all the above are reasonable suggestions and should not be too much work to implement. It just needs a bit of care and attention to detail.

My dream feature would be something that ran the scenario in a few seconds and would tell you where trains are derailing, getting stuck at red lights or not getting to their destination. Similar to how TS Classic would immediately tell you about any faults with the scenario. At the moment we have to cross our fingers and run the scenario several times, using trial and error to remove services that are messing it up.

7. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

I totally agree yes it's awful right now I can't even develop a 12 car 375 on the new Birmingham perfect example

8. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

So you want more available formations in Scenario Planner, I agree, there isn't enough formations for loco-hauled stock like the 37/5 from both TVL and WCL, they can only go on freight operations ;)