Other Scenarios On Gwe

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Slemcer, Apr 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I have now played these in TSW2 and was reminded of all the things I don't like about them.
    These examples are taken from the "Drag Line" scenario.

- Movement is disabled during the initial voice-over.
    - There are far too many destination markers to run to in order for the next objective to be triggered.
    Better omit all these markers, don't disable anything and all will be well. Entering the locomotive can trigger the next objective. There is only one Class 66 and platform 14 is easy to find.

- The pronunciation of the voice-over is quite special, a mixture of German and English, and with different pronunciations for Reading.
    I'd prefer to omit the voice-over altogether.

- In the cab the objectives are ambiguous. You have to remove the reverser, but you aren't told to do so.

- Stopping the loco often has to be much more precise (for full AP) than technically necessary. This is ridiculous.

Edit: I checked to see if the localisation had some influence. So I switched the system language to English and tried again. As expected, neither the voice-over nor the objectives did anything wrong.
    So these points can only be credited to a bad localisation! At least correct the written part that has no voice-over. Be thorough, at least once!

Edit 2: There's an annoying dull sound when you walk on the bridge at Reading station. This also has to be fixed.

Edit 3: After finally getting through without a SPAD there's also another major disappointment. I've seen this coming and hoped it would somehow be solved, but it didn't. When you arrive at Old Oak Common with the rescued train, you are approximately 15 minutes early. And the game has no better option than to make you wait in RL all the time! That's totally unacceptable!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Next scenario, new problems ... timing!
    This relates to the "Down the line" scenario where you can select one of three different trains who's departure time is each only two minutes different. They are using the same tracks for most of the time which leads to several red signals (not so bad), but also to objectives that cannot under any circumstances be achieved.
    E.g. the train from platform 10 which departs at 9:44 will stop at Slough (10:14) and leaves Slough at 10:15, whereas the train from platform 8 has to arrive at Slough at 10:15 on the same track! Impossible!

You people at DTG, please at least try to create something that works as intended, not these half-hearted attempts that are just pretending.