Scenarios

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by byeo, Mar 23, 2020.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Will we ever see new scenarios on old routes? If some routes won’t get a loco dlc for one reason or another, a new scenario pack would be a breath of fresh air and inject some life back into routes some people haven’t touched for a while.

• Like Like x 6
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Would be good. I often play the scenarios right at the start of a new release then a few months later when I'm tired of just A to B I go back and replay them and some added interest comes back. Brand new scenarios would always be good

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Great idea. I've spent around £75 on NTP, TV and the associated dlcs. I've driven them into the ground! I've got my money's worth, fair enough, but it would be nice to think my investment would be rewarded with fresh content occasionally. Plenty of potential on Tees Valley, sidings everywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

The BR Heavy Freight Pack, which includes two engines and a number of add-on scenarios, sessions and tutorials is already available, as are other engine DLCs that include new activities. DTG offers a lot of similar packs for TS as well, so the concept of making and marketing additional activities already exists. Like you, I would very much like to see and would be willing to pay for additional activities for existing routes, especially any that involve switching work. The fact that DTG has made two rolling stock plus activities DLCs recently strikes me as promising and I hope that this trend continues.

5. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a scenario expansion pack dlc for train sim world and they could be developed by dovetails or a 3rd party developer when ever the editing tool comes out for them to use.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

TSW works mainly in the timetable mode anyway. A lot of scenarios are just poor versions of timetable runs with little interest in them, and if you have other DLC for routes, they are always missing in scenarios, for compatibility reasons. They are also more prone to bugs because of their scripted nature. A lot of the time the first scenario is an extension of the training to walk you through the steps of starting up a service.

Once a route has been out for a while, something new would always be welcome, but I would not want to pay for more scenarios if they are going to be the same quality as the included ones. I’d much rather have more trains for my money.

• Like Like x 1
  7. derickavery

derickavery New Member

8. derickavery

derickavery New Member

I'm new to this forum. I have had TSW since it came out but wasn't able to play it because my old computer did not meet the specs required. I love the TSW Heavy Haul but would love more scenarios. I would especially love more stack trains, auto racks and manifest train scenarios. In addition to the scenarios, more US locomotive liveries, like UP, BNSF, NS and KCS. Adding the heritage locomotives of these class one railroads would be excellent. Updated rolling stocks would be excellent too. Hope someone who has the decision making at Dove Tail is listening.

Thanks
    Derick