Schnellfahrstrecke: Wolfsburg - Stendal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, Apr 3, 2021.

?
  1. Of course!

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
  2. Only if it was on sale.

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Not my type of route.

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Introduction:
    The line between Wolfsburg Hbf and Stendal (75km or 46 miles long) is part of the Hannover - Berlin railway. Zipping through urban landscapes and between the states of Lower Saxony and Saxony Anhalt, filled with everything from RB services to ICE!

The Route:
    Starting in Wolfsburg Hbf, you instantly enter the high speed section, reaching speeds of up to 250 km/h as you exit the station. As you speed past the suburbs of Wolfsburg and through the Oebisfelde Junction, you enter a quiet but scenic run to Stendal, consistently maintaining the 250 km/h as you speed past lush forests, farms and countrysides. Adjacent to the high-speed line, the RB 35 service between the two cities regularly transports commuters with hourly services (prior to COVID). IC and ICE both take over the high speed section, with all IC services stopping at Stendal and the majority of ICE services (prior to COVID) calling at the station. Freight services, although without any yards, do take up some of the traffic in the route.

[​IMG]

Rolling Stock:

The RB 35 service is served by Baureihe 642 units:
    [​IMG]

Baureihe 101 take over the IC services:
    [​IMG]

Finally, the majority of ICE services are taken over by ICE 2s, although there are occasional 403 sprinters.
    ICE 2 (Baureihe 402):
    [​IMG]

Conclusion:
    The high-speed line between Wolfsburg Hbf and Stendal is filled with regular high speed and regional traffic, passing gorgeous, scenic views and urban-suburban towns. Due to its length (75 kilometres), it seems like something DTG can handle, and the opportunity for more rolling stock is always welcomed by the community when done well. I’d like to see this route due to the reasons mentioned above.

Thanks for reading! :D

• Like Like x 13
  2. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Route map isn’t showing, hopefully this works

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

I support this! Great scenery, authenticity and variety of rolling stock, LZB action... I would buy it!

• Like Like x 1