Score Correction

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JacksonBriggs, Nov 25, 2022.

1. JacksonBriggs

JacksonBriggs New Member

So I passed the second or third training with Silver score. Redo it, beat the Gold medal score yet game won't correct it. I stuck with silver

That is either bug or design decision that doesn't make sense. Anyone else had that?

2. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

That sounds like a bug to me. You might want to report it in the tech support forum (and raise a tech support ticket). I've never had this happen on the training sceniros. On the other scenarios if I've got a better score later its always updated the list with the new updated medal.

• Like Like x 3
  3. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

As i have just mentioned on a previous thread. There looks like there is an issue with medals not updating. I originally scored 1370 on the ES44C4 training module (silver). I have since got 1620 but it is still showing the silver medal.

4. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

This training was originally broken, in the sense that it was impossible to get a gold medal score at all. DTG reportedly fixed that issue; however, as you have found out, now your score does not update even after going through the (tedious) training again. There is a way to get the gold, which would involve driving the loco around the yard until you surpass what was originally required to get gold. I don't even really know if you can get the gold medal on the first playthrough like you are now supposed to be able to. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JacksonBriggs

JacksonBriggs New Member

I've just installed this game after 3 months break and it's still the same sh*t. Seriously for the first time ever I am considering fighting for getting my money back. 30EUR spent for nothing, garbage, a simulation that cannot even properly simulate lights ES44C4 on Cajon Pass (fifth scenario, G-HOULAC6-07) - turning on rear lights in any configuration - doesn't work. Turning on stairs lighting (K on the keyboard) turns the lights on, but after going with key "2" to the end of the train and back, the stairs lighting looks off... completely dark. Like seriously Dovetail games???? You release new maps but cannot deal with getting your main sh*t to work properly?????

• Like Like x 1
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Sadly nothing new

• Like Like x 1
  7. JacksonBriggs

JacksonBriggs New Member

Another thing is this (attached) route required speed indication. How is this sh*t relevant? Does this indicates in how many miles/kilometers the front of my train will reach the limit or the rear??? The rear would make a sense as the whole train needs to be in a limit area to be able to have this limit count. But this also changes dynamically... like one second I see that I am 200m from lets say 80km/h limit and 1000m from 120km/h limit, just to find out 3 seconds later that I am 1km away from 80km/h limit, 2km away from 120km/h limit... and also somehow other 100km/h limit shows beneath 80 and 120 limit, that just few seconds ago even wasn't there!!!!!

What a bunch of loosers made this game?! FFS!!!!!!

Attached Files:

8. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, the speed limits were not invented by the people who made the game: they have researched the real routes and replicated them into the game, to the best of their ability.
    Reading the graph you posted: you were in a 50kph zone, then went into 80kph zone, and are now in a 100kph zone, and there's a 90kph coming up soon. That zone will last for a long time.

However, the graph only shows where the locomotive is (front of the train) and where the sign posts are, but that doesn't match with your HUD read out because:
    1) lower speed limits apply as soon as you hit the sign post. The 90kph limit in the graph you posted is such a speed limit.
    2) higher speed limits apply only when your EOT (end of train, the end of the last car you are towing) passes the sign post. Since you're driving a very long train (1.8km, 95 cars total), the higher limits will apply in a very silly manner: the front loco crosses into a new zone before your EOT has gone into the current zone.

So, let's say the 50kph zone was very long. In your HUD, it showed next speed limit is 80kph. When your locomotive went past the 80kph sign, the HUD began showing next speed limit as 100kph, but the current limit remained 50kph, because your EOT was still 1.8km behind the 80kph sign. Based on the graph, I suspect your locomotive got past the 100kph sign before the EOT passed the 80kph sign, i.e. distance from 80kph sign to 100kph sign is less than 1.8km, the length of your train.
    If that is the case, then your HUD began showing next speed limit of 90kph, but your current limit was still 50kph, because the EOT was still behind the 80kph sign.
    Next up, your EOT finally passed the 80kph sign, thus the HUD showed current limit of 80kph, while next limit is 90kph.

The rules is quite simple: the speed limit for your train is the lowest value of all the speed limit zones you have cars in.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. JacksonBriggs

JacksonBriggs New Member

yardem thanks for your reply. I took the example from my mind (totally made up) and pasted the screen so that everyone know what I am talking about. So my apologies for the confusion... my description and the screenshot should not match exactly.
    I'll try to digest your explanation tomorrow and try it against the game. Thanks

10. JacksonBriggs

JacksonBriggs New Member

yardem ok, I've read it and it all makes sense, but the way the graph is designed is a total mess. Can't the DG just mark on the graph where the front and the end of my train are in relation to the speed limits? How does this look in a real-life (I'm talking specifically about ascending speed limits, cause as you've mentioned... these are tricky)?

11. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

In real life, I don't think there is a speed limit graph. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the drivers simply know the routes very well. On one hand, they don't try to drive the train to the speed limit. They most likely drive a safe speed, rather than trying to get there fast. Which is probably why there are no time targets in the game for US freight. On the other hand, I don't think there are repercussions for speeding, unless it happens too often.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JacksonBriggs

JacksonBriggs New Member

yardem yeah I would not suspect they have graphs :) I rather meant maybe some sensors that let know the driver that the rear of the train (whose length depends on the number of carts) just passed the limit and he can start to speed up. Anyhow, thanks for your input. Much appreciated

13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some trains (like the UK class 66) have train length alerts, where you put in the overall train length into the computer and when the train length alerter is pushed it starts counting the train length and alerts the driver when that distance has been travelled. This lets the driver know when a junction or speed limit has been passed by the whole train length
    Of course drivers will also need to know the route, and when things like multiple speed differences "stack up" so they'd really want to know when the last one was passed, or even know from memory the difference in lengths (so if they had a 1300 yard long train and know the first speed board is 500 yards past the first then they can accellerate up to the second speed with the train length counter gets to 800 yards left)

14. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I actually liked this scene in "Unstoppable", where Denzel, an experienced train engineer, calculates how many extra cars the relatively newbie conductor (Chris Pine) has accidentally cut into their consist. He knows exactly how long the train should be, and how long it actually is, by looking at the posts along the track.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is why there's almost always something on the track in game that lets you know where your braking points are, either a signal, sign or "track furniture" strategically placed to let you know to slam on the anchors now