Scoring System, Mastery , Achievements, Leaderboards

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Jan 15, 2021.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Would this be worth a debate in the forums to try and get DTG to make this a priority.
    It is too easy to get gold medals and there is no incentive to try more challenging speed restrictions, having correct lighting, destinations, etc.
    Mastery challenges are fun but also too easy and the rewards do add some interest with new visual and sound content.
    I am surprised that so few gamers have got xbox achievements on each route. The long term challenges are to increase your level and it would be good to have leaderboards too. I have got to level 300 but have heard some gamers have got to level 700!
    Is this something others in the community think is important to make the game more of a challenge?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I don‘t want to de-rail (pun intended) this thread since I don‘t have any constructive ideas to overhaul scoring, but as you asked this
    , I’ll share my thoughts. I can see why the scoring system should be overhauled. After all, as long as you don‘t completely screw up, you‘ll have your gold medal. I think there are other priorities though and personally, I don‘t care about the scores, I care about trying to drive as realistically as possible no matter what that means in terms of score.

That is not to say that I wouldn‘t appreciate a better, more in-depth scoring system.

• Like Like x 2