PC Sd40 Start Up Sequence Sounds Issue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Blu, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Blu

Blu Active Member

Hello, I've spotted what might be a couple of bugs unless its just my system, but I will post each individually so folks with the same issue can comment.

When starting the SD40, Setting the start switch to prime, you get the priming noise for say 4 or 5 secs then nothing. Then at 10secs you get the audio que to set it to start. When you set it to start you have a delay of say 5 secs before you hear the start up sounds.

2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes that's true, but it doesn't seem to make any difference once the engine cranks up. Just an idiosyncracy, I guess. Anyone know the process in real life?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blu

Blu Active Member

I agree It doesn't take away from the game play.

4. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Its the same for the F7 and all the SPG locos too (which I reported when TSW launched)

IRL (from watching many cold starts on youtube): Engineer turns switch to prime for 'x' seconds. When ready to start, the switch is turned to start, and the fuel pump whine continues though it will slightly change sound as the starter is now drawing electricity, and the engine starts. Same with a push button, just the computer decides when to start.

• Like Like x 1