Sd70ace-t4

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NSMotherSlug#881, May 31, 2018.

1. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

Well this is the New Big Dog in town the SD70Ace-Tier 4 Unit Needs to be in game. And I see UP,BNSF,NS are the only ones so far that have purchased this unit can't wait till there on the job sites and made as a model railroad unit

• Like Like x 3
  2. NSMotherSlug#881

SD70ACE-T4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. NSMotherSlug#881

No CSX units were purchased yet which I don't see them buying do to how long it's been since they have tested them on there tracks,

4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Great engines, but no routes yet. I want the BNSF and UP units.

5. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

If we can get a UP route in Texas hopefully a SD-70 can be built with proper physics. I want to see high speed freight route on one of the UP or BNSF subs with UP equipment as BNSF has licensing restrictions. What are the UP subs in Texas? I am in Australia and I can only find the names of the BNSF subs. I think it is the Red River Valley sub on BNSF http://www.bnsf.com/ship-with-bnsf/maps-and-shipping-locations/pdf/subdivisions-map.pdf between Amarillo and Memphis. But between El Paso and Dallas I don't know what that sub is called?

SD40Australia

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  6. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Maybe the prototypes could be done, too.

7. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, CSX has bought ten of these while this thread was dormant. They are supposed to be delivered sometime next year.

That makes it more reasonable to make this... but, personally, this just doesn't seem like a good idea. The locos aren't really that popular or important anywhere in the US yet, and they're also going to be hard to get resources for. I just don't think this batch of 10 locos would be the best DLC for CSX, or any other route for now- they are still overshadowed by more interesting locomotives, and I have the feeling it's going to stay like that for a while. I'd much rather see a normal SD70ACe for some other route like a UP one. They are far more common.

EDIT: Actually, I want to clarify a little: I don't think DTG should be wasting time on this when they have other things to model. This kind of thing would be a great community project- in fact, once I warm up to modeling, I might try this myself (that's a long way off, though).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018