Train Sim World 3 Sd75i And Sd75m

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BN3140, Jun 10, 2023.

1. BN3140

BN3140 Member

The SD75i would make a great addition to the Oakville sub in Train Sim World 3 because of its unique features and capabilities. The "Isolated Cab" or "WhisperCab" design of the SD75i significantly reduces noise and vibration in the cab, ensuring a more comfortable and enjoyable experience for the train operator. This feature is particularly beneficial for long routes, where reduced noise levels enhance concentration and reduce fatigue. The SD75i has been proven to be a reliable locomotive, as it has been in use with reputable companies like Canadian National, and Ontario Northland Railway. Its compatibility with the HTCR radial truck and 72-foot-4-inch frame further ensures stability and smooth operation on the Oakville sub.

[​IMG]

On the other hand, the SD75m would be an excellent addition to Cajon Pass in Train Sim World 3. Although not as popular as the SD70, the SD75m offers slightly more power with horsepower ratings ranging between 4,300 and 4,500. This additional power makes it well-suited for the challenging terrain and steep grades of Cajon Pass. The SD75m shares many similarities with the SD70m, but it can be easily distinguished by the added bulge below the inertial air intake on the right side of the unit. Its capabilities and specifications have made it a preferred choice for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway (now Burlington Northern Santa Fe). With its proven track record and power, the SD75m would provide an authentic and immersive experience for players navigating the demanding Cajon Pass route in Train Sim World 3.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I want these big EMDs on both Oakville (CN) and Cajon (BNSF). CN has also been rebuilding some of their SD75Is into SD75ACCs (basically SD75s with AC Traction similar to the NS SD70ACCs). BNSF has sold many of their SD75Ms to Progress Rail.