Seasonal Trees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackDiamond1964, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Can anybody tell me where I can find some good seasonal trees at? My route's base textures are from the HSC route, while these trees are OK, they are a bit dated. I'm searching for something better looking to use up close to the tracks.

2. Let me re-asked this question-
    I notice a lot of screenshots with nice trees. What packs or routes are those trees coming from? What trees to you use for your route?

3. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  4. Actually I'm speaking in general. What trees are being used on your route? My route is using textures from the Horseshoe Curve Route. There doesn't seem to be many trees to choose from.

5. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member

You have to look around different DLC one by one from Route Editor to see which tree you need.

In general, trees which are near tracks are 3D but those which are far away are front facing trees which rotates with the camera.

6. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Hello!
    I generally find that the normal trees look fine, apart from when you change the season to Autumn.
    They aren't bright red, orange or yellow, as you'd normally expect, but instead they're brown.
    Everything (including the grass objects!) is just dried out in Autumn.
    Does anyone know if - and if yes - from which DLC you could get better-in-autumn-looking trees?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes! This is the problem that I found. I was expecting some more colorful autumn trees.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This might also explain the lack of autumn screenshots.

9. 2cme

2cme New Member

If I recall the Thomson West Highland line has pretty vivid seasonal Autumn trees.

10. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

You're right, it's autumn does look pretty pretty. Maybe I'll get it once it's in a sale some day...

11. I just found out today that Blender has a tree generator. Has any Blender users out there successfully used the sapling tree generator in Blender to make trees for TS2018?

12. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member