Secret Route Extension Found In Kassel – Würzburg ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JesseBlue, Sep 3, 2022.

1. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

I discovered something intriguing while riding an AI train in direction to Frankfurt until it leaves the map.
    There was an error, and therefore I could continue on and… it went beyond the map!!!

While the terrain stopped being textured any more, it still was modelled. The track was also there and the train continued on and on further beyond the existing map.
    At one stage I even passed another ICE train going to Würzburg!
    Train Sim World 3_20220903020753 (2).jpg
    And then something even cooler happened!
    Suddenly, we approached LOHR station!
    Train Sim World 3_20220903021109.jpg
    And the station building and many details existed and were fully modelled and textured (probably taken from the Main Spessart route)!
    The train even stopped there and continued a bit on later until the route ended for good this time.
    I could even walk around and take some screenshots for you to enjoy!

Now the question is:
    What could this mean??
    I was completely amazed about this!

Could it mean that there is a route extension in the works?
    Maybe to Aschaffenburg? Maybe even to Frankfurt (pretty please)?
    I mean, why would they lay all the tracks to Lohr and even have the station with the building in the route completely hidden?

Who knows. In any case, I wanted to share this incredible discovery with you all and maybe speculate a bit about what it could mean.
    Maybe someone even has some hints or further details?!

What are your thoughts about this amazing discovery hidden outside the official map on this route?

Train Sim World 3_20220903021032.jpg Train Sim World 3_20220903021208.jpg Train Sim World 3_20220903020911.jpg

• Like Like x 28
  2. Uzark

Uzark New Member

Dovetail, Please do this. Lets actually have a real train sim world. So many routes are already in places that can connect so why not? I know at one stage there was even a mod for connecting both halves of Hagen.

• Like Like x 13
  3. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

Either it's a planned route extension or more likely it was originally planned to be part of the route and work was partly completed on the track and some buildings but then it was cut from the final release of the route. It happens a lot in game development that gamers will find hidden levels/areas that were placed for one reason or another but not removed from a final build

• Like Like x 5
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Extensions aren't going to happen yet. Sehs was more of a rebuild than an actual extension dtg are hoping to figure out in the future. Like above said, many routes are built like this where you'll have lines modeled

• Like Like x 2
  5. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Well found!! And within 24 hours of early access!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Combining SKW and MSB with the added creation of the local route from Würzburg to Gemünden would be amazing. Full package of regional, freight and high-speed trains interacting, meeting, etc. Hop on an ICE in Kassel, get to Würzburg, take another ICE that diverges in Nantebach to get to Aschaffenburg and finish with a freight over the ramp.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

During the route introduction we activate a station map that shows not only kassel-fulda-wusburg but other line too including frankfurt. I can be wrong but think it's the first route the show station maps like this.

8. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Thank you!
    I was so excited when the train left the map area to see where it would end up.
    I never expected to see Lohr Bahnhof though! :o

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it does not mean anything. First thing DTG does once they start actually building the route is place all the track. Since they already got the assets from MSB it is only logical that they also placed the buildings there. Do not expect anything. If DTG starts to work on any route extension they will let us know in the roadmap.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A great bit of sleuthing. Very interesting find.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Oi. ;)
    Can you maybe find a screenshot of this?

12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Amazing find! Could someone upload a video of the journey to Lohr station?

I personally agree that these tracks and assets weren’t placed there because of a planned extension, but simply because they already existed on the Main Spessart Bahn route and were thus easy to copy.

Would love for DTG to finish up the scenery on this short stretch to Lohr and allow players to operate these services. Why? In contrast to TSW2, the German core route now no longer includes regional services. Allowing players to try out the regional trains on these short services might convince them to purchase other German routes and thus increase DTG’s revenue.

13. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

Attached Files:

15. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Ah ok, well that is "only" the map you can put on display at the stations (one of the collectibles of the route).

16. heliomass

heliomass Member

I've noticed this on a few AI routes on SouthEastern they continue to the portal, and then the train suddenly vanishes leaving you stuck in the scenery! Whereas in TSW2 the screen would fade to white before you got too far.

I suspect this is a bug, where the fade-outs aren't triggering when you go out of bounds on an AI route. But it's a fun bug! Best get exploring before they fix it

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Yeah, I encountered it before, that there are tracks going for a while but then ending in the middle of nowhere.
    But encountering a nearly complete train station is probably something pretty unusual.

18. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

Dear DTG please extend the Kassel Würzburg route in direction Frankfurt !!! This would be awesome :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

SO after the general release happened, and much more people have access to the game, did anyone else find the hidden LOHR station and what do you think about this?

Making an future extension to Aschaffenburg makes so much sense, considering they can take many assets from MSB.
    It would also give the route some regional traffic which would really enhance it.
    Going all the way to Frankfurt Hbf would - of course - be even much better and make it a fantastic and major route extension.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. dxltagxmma

dxltagxmma Well-Known Member

Yes, I even drove to it, it's weird as hell, it's like they planned to integrate it before release

• Like Like x 1
  21. heliomass

heliomass Member

Does anyone know which specific service to take in order to get there? I.e., which station to be at and what time the train departs.

I did notice on TSW3 it seems easier to go out of bounds than on TSW2 due to (I think?) a change in the UI behaviour when the screen fades to white. You can go back to exploring on foot and continue, whereas I don't recall this was an option in TSW2 (or if it was, I never noticed!)