Sehs - 375 Only In Blue Livery?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JayTG123, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Hi guys, I have spent most of this evening reading through londonmidland's main SEHS forum post... it was actually quite enjoyable to read all 14 pages, in full. I sincerely hope all the feedback is taken into account and we all have an enjoyable gameplay experience from a day one release. My fingers are firmly crossed!

Anyway, onto my post...

I have just re-watched the first look video on YouTube and at 40:27 into the video, Sam asked Matt how many 375 liveries have we got? To which Matt replied: "There's just the one in the route. Just the blue one."

Now being very local to the area, I know what trains are used and yes blue liveries are frequently used and is the predominant one out of the bunch now. But... the classic white Southeastern livery (with the bright yellow doors) are also heavily used to this day. To me it is such a shame not to include this in the DLC pack. I dont know if it may be down to licencing issues but surely this cant be the case!? This would be a fantastic addition to have, not only for the scenario planner and livery editor but would stand out on the route without question and is a really good contrast to the blue 395 and 375. I cant imagine this would take long to implement - although with no previous experience, I could be completely wrong. Even if it could be purchased at a later date for say £4.99 as a livery add-on. First of its kind for TSW2 DLC?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in other posts. Before posting this thread I did use the search bar to try and find active/open forum threads discussing this particular topic.

Jay

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

There’s no 375’s in white/yellow, white/blue livery, last one was done around 2018.

So with the route set in 2020/2021 the all-blue 375’s are accurate.

It’s only the 465’s in the white/blue livery.

It was nice the many varieties included in the TS Classic version.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It is not unprecedented for this to be the reason. GWE suffers similarly from a lack of FGW because of licensing restrictions, because FirstGroup believes that only their most current branding is allowed to grace our monitors.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Fair point & thanks Shaun123
    Hopefully the 465 will come in white/blue livery.

TS Classic does indeed have a good variety of liveries.

Thanks to Callum B. too!

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Personally, I can’t think of an easier livery to make in the livery creator.

I’ll do both the White/Grey and White/Blue liveries for it, as for the 465, it’ll most likely be white/blue, but the only other option would be white/grey.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I live 100 yards from GIllingham station and haven't seen a 375 in anything other than dark blue for years. DTG have set the route in the last year so the livery selection is accurate. If you went back to when there were white 375s you wouldn't have trainbow or "10 years" on the Javelin

• Like Like x 4
  7. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I agree, giving both trains a white and yellow makeover will be an absolute doddle in the livery editor.

• Like Like x 3
  8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Great idea.

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Shame it’s only going to come with the blue livery , but I would imagine it would be quite easy to make in the livery designer

10. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

Personally, I quite like the white livery but the blue one suits the time the route was made

11. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It looks like we just miss this sweet spot in the middle of the re-painting

• Like Like x 4
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Even if there are many liveries, DTG only ever do their trains with one livery per release. They have done one trainbow 395 as a special treat this time but it’s only a small difference. Every release in TSW apart from in SPG (because it was from the early days) has had one livery per train.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

GWE has 2 liveries for the Class 66, though didn't at launch. Possibly licensing reasons why they only do one livery, since less has to be cleared with the licensor.

• Like Like x 2
  14. a.paice

It is licensing. The operator, quite understandably, wants their trains and therefore their company displayed in their most up-to-date and best condition.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Which is why I am surprised Sam is still allowed to drive them on stream :D

• Like Like x 4
  16. a.paice

Haha!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

As I'm sure many know, there's a mod that unlocks the (developed, but hidden, by DTG) FGW liveries for GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Probably budget will matter as well. Though there are big differences. Compare what you get with the BR182 with the Heavy Freight pack, a huge difference and probably they estimated how popular a DLC will be to adjust the amount of content. For routes the common way of working seems to be one new loco/train and one recycled from a previous DLC. For a loco DLC one loco plus one wagon.. But sometimes you will be surprised either negative or positive. For SEH the route looks a bit complicated, So two loco types seems quite good, though some recycled freight would be appreciated. The early routes a re a bit better in amount of stock, but then there was nothing to recycle yet of course.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think it would be a lot more complicated to make the 395 than a standard EMU because of the multiple power modes and the varying physics of those modes. I would imagine the same would count for the 80x if they ever made one, as well as other units which move from OHLE to 3rd rail (Thameslink and Southern I believe)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I believe blue now represents their mainline / High Speed services and the white represents metro and suburban services.
    For example the 395 are blue because they are for HS1
    375 are blue because they run mainline services to ramsgate and Hastings etc
    376 are white because they run Hayes services etc
    And 465 are white but now have a blue stripe at the bottom and blue doors to represent both mainline and metro.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There's really no meaning behind it. The 376s are white/yellow because they can't be bothered to repaint them, the Networkers are white/lilac because it was the official livery at the time (some 375s were in it as well), and now the current official livery is the blue on the 375s, and it will be on the 707s eventually.