Sehs Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by londonmidland, Feb 20, 2021.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Hello.

I was just wondering if there has been any acknowledgement and any plans to fix the following bugs:

- No shadow under the Class 395. If you drive the 395, you’ll notice it’s completely void of any shadows on the undercarriage. This is particularly noticeable on sunny and cloudy days, where the ground is still lit up underneath the train.

- No declaration noise for AI Class 375. As far as I’m aware, this has been a bug ever since ECW was first released with the Class 377. The AI for both the 375 and 377 has never had deceleration sounds.

- Passing the Class 395 at speed results in a sharp cut in and out of the sounds. There’s no natural fade in or out as the train passes your train in the opposite direction, like there is on the 377/375. This is similar to the issue freight wagons had on GWE and ECW when passing by.

- Additional scenery fixes on various parts of the route. There’s no getting around the obvious lack of scenery on various parts of the route. Particularly around the HS1 section and leaving Ebbsfleet, heading towards Gravesend. It would be nice if we could get a scenery patch to fill in these desolate areas of the route.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I think the biggest thing for me is the amount of vegetation in the 4 foot along the route...... You'd be mistaken for thinking you were driving along a line that had been mothballed for a year or two at times.... It really really needs someone to go along the whole route and get it removed as it's pretty much the whole of the standard lines section and also has a few locations on the HS section too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. londonmidland

I’ve noticed this too. There are sections of the line that have had far too many repeated trees planted too close to the line, obscuring signals and signs. I believe this was done to mask the lack of distant scenery.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. WaveyDavey

6. londonmidland

• Like Like x 1
  7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

8. londonmidland

I guess DTG think this is acceptable - Yes, this is a drivable section of the route, not somewhere near a portal on the edge of the map.

I'll leave you to discuss...

TSW2_Josh_1613941594_00.jpg TSW2_Josh_1613941642_00.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Look at the cars passing under the tracks just west of Faversham, I think all the drivers are getting sick or something ;)

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

There is still no track noise when going through a junction for the 395. Only the 1st and 6th car of a 6 car train have that clickety clack noise and the 1st, 6th, 7th and 12th car of a 12 car only make noise. Basically only the carriages that have the cabcar make noise which is unrealistic and needs to be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

Now if that isn't how that section of the route is in reality then it's not acceptable and pure laziness

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Moved this to Technical Reports.

I have made sure what you have mentioned has been passed along but I don't have any further details about when to expect a fix.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

With all due respect, what are you asking them to do with these piece of wasteland just after in the down direction Ebbsfleet? Do you want them to populate it with trees like it is in Google Maps satellite/aerial images?

For those who are wondering what it looks like in real life. Ebbsfleet HS1 sidings

• Like Like x 1
  14. londonmidland

I would like if they 'finished' building the area up as per real life as it look completely rushed and not finished.

Google Maps shows the area is populated with trees, but more importantly, why does the entire area look like they've just slapped some tracks on a plain bit of grass? They haven't even separated the tracks from the terrain properly, as the grass quite literally blends in to the ballast.

Also, judging by Google Maps, you should not be able to see the sidings from that section of the line, as its covered by trees. However in the screenshots above, its just a plain bit of grass separating the two lines?

I know they can do it properly, as per other routes such as ECW, but this section, along with other sections of the line in SEHS, just scream unfinished and rushed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. tallboy7648

When DTG say "Authentically Replicated Routes and Locos" that's the expectation that they are putting themselves in. After seeing that it just shows how rushed that part of the route was which is a shame but not a suprise. Utter laziness. They should have at least tried to get that area which you drive on somewhat accurate. It's like they didn't bother

• Like Like x 2
  16. hoagy

hoagy Member

There are surely higher priority things to fix than shadows under the train, etc? They've been doing those things. One hopes they'll get around to the detail at some point, but that can't be top priority at this stage, surely?

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

Yeh the sounds should be higher on the list but once that's done they need to adresss the scenery in this route

18. londonmidland

A well used piece of track yet it’s surrounded by grass? How did this get past QA?

Location is south of Ebbsfleet

C2AF4C3F-BCBC-4727-91E2-F46E2D90A6BE.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

You seem to be confused with regards to the role of QA. They test for bugs in gameplay that impact the ability to complete a service or broken functions like inoperable buttons. Checking the accuracy of trackside foliage is not what they are paid for. In this instance, it is not a bug, but an inaccuracy--something which QA would not report and therefore DTG is unlikely to change prior to release.

Cheers

20. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

This sort of stuff comes down to BETA testers and not QA teams.

21. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat disappointed that these issues, also the 3x missing AWS magnets in Strood Tunnels, areas devoid of scenery/wierd grass placement around Ebbsfleet, 395 door interlocks, the tunnel lighting issue at STP, and that odd bit of bright light as you enter almost every tunnel aren't mentioned in this week's roadmap at all. Has SEH now been sent to the back of the queue of the preservation team?

• Like Like x 2
  22. tallboy7648

I guess the beta team didn't do a through test which isn't a total suprise. I assume that grass wouldn't be there in reality

23. WaveyDavey

Yes this is what I reported to them along with various (well into double figures) places where there are bushes/shrubs in the 4ft.... How any of it gets past beta testers without any of them raising the issue I really don't know as surely this is just a basic thing to notice and realise shouldn't be there. I mean lets face it how exactly would a bush or shrub be sat there growing in the 4ft on a mainline railway???

The only other reason other than the beta testers not even bothering to notice it or report it is that it was reported by them but DTG have decided not to do anything about it for whatever reason that may be.

Either way it's either sloppy beta testers or sloppy management of the points they raise.

24. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Well at least the grass looks good.

Was this route aided by this new landscape AI / generator they used first for LGV?
    Sorry for asking so stupid I haven't purchased both high-speed routes (yet)

25. londonmidland

If you're referring to auto-gen, then yes, I think it was used for SEHS too. At least in the HS1 section where scenery is less than impressive.

26. londonmidland

I do wonder how some of these glaringly obvious things get approved. Makes me wonder if its lack of railway knowledge or pure ignorance.

Talking of ignorance, its hilarious how these flaws haven't been mentioned once by anyone at DTG. Any decent route builder would spot these issues straight away.