PC Sehs Signal / Aws Issue With Freight Services

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Richard Kast, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

There appears to be a strange single issue at Higham with the freight services 6G03, 6G05, 6G07 and 6G11.
    • In the tunnel signal NK464 gives you a double yellow.
    • Then at Higham station signal NK462 is showing a green aspect, however, you get an AWS warning. This signal also doesn't appear on the 2D map.
    • Signal NK460 then gives a single yellow.
    • And signal NK458 is red with a shunt call on.
    It might just be associated with the fact NK462 is only three aspect, whereas the other singles are four aspect, which is why the sequence is strange, however, I think the AWS magnet might be linked to the wrong signal.

2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

NK462 looks to be a repeater signal for NK460, capable of only showing 2Y, Y or G. The triangle on the ID plate gives it away, although, if correctly placed, it's certainly unusual. They're normally used after a 2 aspect Green/Red

In any case, I've noticed that in TSW2 2Y/Y/G 3 aspect repeaters aren't working correctly. They only show Y when the next signal is R, or G when the next signal is G or Y. They don't read through to the signal 2 blocks ahead in 3 or 4 aspect land like they do IRL, so likely it's an error in the scripting. I'd say in that case it should be showing double yellow.

I've also got a feeling that distant signal AWS read the state of the next home rather than the distant signal - hence the AWS horn; it's likely linked to the yellow ahead.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

Thank you for the reply. Make more sense if it is a repeater showing the wrong aspect, the AWS would be valid then and repeaters aren't usually shown on the 2D map. Signal NK462 appears to have R, Y, G as it's aspects rather than the 2Y, Y, G.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

I have sat and watched NK462, it may have three aspects but only appears to show two of them.
    When NK460 is Red NK462 is Yellow
    When NK460 is Yellow NK462 is Green
    When NK460 is Double Yellow NK462 is Green
    When NK460 is Green NK462 is Green

• Like Like x 1
  5. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

There's something else slightly odd about NK462 - when it's on green and a train passes it, it doesn't change colour until the train has passed NK460. When that happens, NK462 turns yellow and NK460 turns red. So it's not just that NK462 is incapable of showing red, it also doesn't change from green at the right time either.

6. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Just to advise that is correct as per real life what happens, basically to simplify, it’s a way of “double blocking” in effect. So “464” signal won’t clear until the train has passed NK460.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Cheers, although I still stand by my earlier suggestion that the repeater doesn't 'read forward' any further than the next signal which it should, and the AWS state is only looking at the the state of the next 'home' signal, which is not protypical.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Definitely, the AWS “relates” to NK460 by the look of it?

• Like Like x 1