Ui Selection Highlight Colour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by deanmacgregor, Sep 6, 2022.

1. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

When you select different options in TSW 3, the default highlight colour is grey whilst unhighlighted items are white. I think this is backwards and usually highlighted items would stand out and be white and everything else would be grey, this has confused me, has it been an issue for anyone else? Please sort it DTG rather than just waiting for us all to get used to something that is unusual.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I agree. In general, contrasts must be looked at for the UI. In the pause screen the gradient profile has a low contrast for the gradient line. It is better to choose other colors.

3. deanmacgregor

Hopefully this bumps the issue, I'm sorry but grey to highlight and white for unhighlighted is not reasonable as a default option. Soneone might think they're being delightfully different at DTG, but it'sto the detriment if all of us. Is there even a way to change it in accessibility options?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. andyward1971

andyward1971 Active Member

In one of the live streams this was mentioned. They said it would be looked at sometime but it's quite a big job

• Like Like x 2
  5. armus

armus Member

If that's true their developers are extremely incompetent and/or inexperienced, since the color should be defined by a single variable so it should be a 1 or 2 line code change to modify the colors. The other sign of the inexperience is with how they handle confirmation prompts, which are also backwards from how they should behave. If someone double-taps a button to issue a command that shouldn't also acknowledge the confirmation prompt (instead it should take the person back to where they started).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A nice medium blue colour to show the highlighted option would stand out quite nicely.

7. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

I find this especially confusing in the 'do you want to leave this service' prompt when you leave your seat at a station because your departure time is still minutes away. I always have to look 3 times to be sure I press the right button.

In my opinion that specific confirmation dialog shouldn't appear anyway before your next objective time is due. And please give us an option to abandon a service whenever we want to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Did they really say that? Because if changing the color of the UI highlight is "quite a big job" to them, then no wonder the game is full of bugs and development is going so slowly.

I would prefer to believe they simply don't care or forgot about it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

As annoying as it is, it's not game breaking and I would definitely prefer DTG focus their team on fixing existing and historical bugs

10. deanmacgregor

Thank you